Author Topic: Pseudopod 96: The Cutting Room  (Read 17565 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 04:37:54 PM
This one didn't really grab me.  The characters were too one dimensional--the fact that the assistant was uncertain and not particularly bright and the doctor was a narcissistic A-hole was pounded into my brain much too much.  I didn't really get why she kept coming in for autopsies.  Not enough info, and not in a way that adds mystique, but in a way that makes me think there really is no reason, it was just added in to make a series of events for a story.]

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #26 on: July 15, 2010, 12:30:47 AM
This one was good.  Very sick and gut-wrenchingly graphic at times.  Well done.  I was especially pleased the woman wasn't something lame like a vampire or zombie or something.  I half expected her to be alive - which would have been horrible too.

My gripes are largely versimillitude:  (1) With such an unusual corpse, I cannot imagine the doctors would have proceeded with the autopsy.  Live people have been carted into morgues before and an absence of rigor should have made such experienced examiners nervous. (2) when the initial cut is made, the incision bleeds.  The doctor should have noticed this inconguity immediately.  The argument could be made that he was already under her power, but why didn't Gary notice?  Corpses do not bleed.

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.