Author Topic: Pseudopod Marathon  (Read 6885 times)

Zathras

on: January 02, 2009, 11:11:54 PM
Starting with episode 1 right now.  Going to listen to 3.5 PP discs in a row.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: January 02, 2009, 11:21:55 PM
i'd be careful if i were you... it has been said that PP marathons awaken the Great Cthulu

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Zathras

Reply #2 on: January 03, 2009, 05:37:38 AM
Got through 11 episodes plus some flash before stopping for sleep.  Put some thoughts over in Contests:  ZARGA II.

:o

Zathras

Reply #3 on: January 03, 2009, 10:59:10 PM
Finished disc one.  Will post puns to ZARGA II later.  No pun for Flat Diane. 

Zathras

Reply #4 on: January 04, 2009, 07:06:45 AM
Got through Episode 40.  I'll do some threadomancy once I've completely caught up.  I'm not going to comment on every episode, just the ones I felt strongly about.

Zathras

Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 02:39:22 AM
I made it through PP 56.  The marathon is on hold until I get back on the road.  I might get one episode in tomorrow.

I'm just glad there weren't any episodes about killer germs in that span.  Being sick is bad enough, horror stories about it at the same time?  No thank you.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #6 on: January 05, 2009, 02:24:03 PM
I made it through PP 56.  The marathon is on hold until I get back on the road.  I might get one episode in tomorrow.

I'm just glad there weren't any episodes about killer germs in that span.  Being sick is bad enough, horror stories about it at the same time?  No thank you.

I know exactly what you mean.  That time I was stuck on an island with a bunch of genetically-engineered monsters was the wrong day to start Sigler's Ancestor.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Tricster

• Extern
Reply #7 on: January 20, 2009, 04:54:09 PM
@stePH - you literally made me laugh out loud. Thank you. :)

@Zathras - You mean, you don't like reading about killer germs while sick? I have to say, when I'm struck down with the flu or something, my go-to book is usually The Stand by Stephen King. Maybe because, hey, I might feel like I'm dying, but at least it's not actually the end of the world!

Zathras

Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 05:19:02 PM
When I'm sick, I want something to take my mind off being sick.  I am not one to feel better because others are worse off than I am.  Well, not when I'm sick anyway!   :D

eric_marsh

• Extern
Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 12:08:13 AM
I did it on my way from Austin to Atlanta a while back. Loaded every Pseudopod story onto my iPod and listened to them straight through. Didn't invoke Cthulhu but I had an employee riding with me and he's... different now.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 09:09:54 PM
I did a lot of this whilst looking for quotes from The Orator Maleficent (I am not worthy in His light) for a previous contest.

I have listned to all the stories, but a re-listen sounds wonderful. Perhaps it's time.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.