Author Topic: "The Dark Knight"... NOT the greatest movie EVAR!!!!1111one (WARNING: SPOILERS)  (Read 23861 times)

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Consider it revenge for 'Prince of Thieves' consisting entirely of Americans except for the baddy.  ;D

I enjoyed Christian Slater as Will Scarlet.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
One of the things I always enjoyed about the character of Batman was his self-made, obsessive nature. This idea that he spent his entire life transforming his mind and body into this crimefighting machine, and that he did it almost completely on his own, with help from a select few people. In Batman Begins, Bruce Wayne is a relatively normal human being until he's about 20 or so, where he runs off to Asia to find himself, then he comes back to town and makes friends with Morgan Freeman. Who just HAPPENS to have a spare super-suit lying around. It sort of detracts from the grandness of Batman, that larger-than-life thing he had going. I like the idea of Batman meticulously crafting this persona, hand-making every gadget and going over every clue. I don't really get that sense from the movies.

So you're more of the "Mask of the Phantasm" school of thought, then?

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Anarquistador

• Matross
  • Servant of Fire
    • The Pit
Never seen Mask of the Phantasm. But I did think the animated series was pretty spot-on, so if it's set in the same continuity, it's probably pretty close.

"Technology: a word we use to describe something that doesn't work yet."

- Douglas Adams

http://www.thereviewpit.com
http://thesuburbsofhell.blogspot.com