Author Topic: Why I will never again buy or read anything with Orson Scott Card's name on it.  (Read 22415 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Hm, I thought I posted this yesterday, but I reviewed the book and movie last year:
http://www.diabolicalplots.com/?p=3964

Similar response here, that the movie was kind of a halfhearted lackluster effort.

Since then I've read Speaker for the Dead and loved that book as well, have written up a review but haven't posted it yet.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
It's been ages since I read Speaker, but it was my favorite. One day, I'll probably read it again.

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Don't get your hopes up to high. Ender's Game is probably my favorite Sci-fi novel as well, and though they did an admirable job with the movie, it's far too rushed. I desperately wish they would have taken a cue from Peter Jackson and broken it into two movies. Part One could have taken us through Launch School and climaxed with the fight with Bonzo, then Part Two could start with the transfer to Command School. Would have worked so much better.

I agree that it felt a bit rushed.  I like your idea!

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan