Escape Artists
December 18, 2018, 07:10:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: PC318: The MSG Golem  (Read 4151 times)
Scott Spath
Extern

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2014, 01:58:00 PM »

Escape Artists have made me a fan of Liu's work, and this story was no exception. It made me smile throughout even if I'm not sure that I laughed out loud, but that's something I try to suppress anyway since I listen mostly at work.
I especially liked the fact that the rats had a happy ending. I was worried that they would end up having to be sacrificed for the greater good. I did still feel for the golem's demise since it isn't completely clear if the golem's version of "life" is sentient or not, but I know that many golem stories end with the golem's death upon the golem's misinterpretation of some unclear directive.
Fenrix
Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
Editor

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2014, 09:01:42 AM »

This was a nice YA story. Anyone who enjoyed this should go into the archives to check out The Parable of the Shower. Thematically similar, but distinctly more adult.

The angel of the LORD cometh upon you in the shower at the worst possible moment: one hand placed upon thy right buttock and the other bearing soap, radio blaring, humming a heathen song of sin.

Fear not! he proclaimeth from the vicinity of the shampoo caddy, and the soap falleth from thy hand.

Motherfu—thou sayest, and then thou seest the light, the wings, the blazing eyes like sunlight and starlight both at once, and since thy mother raised thee right thou coverest thy mouth with one hand and makest the sign of the cross with the other. It is the soap-hand which covereth thy mouth: thou gett’st soap in thy mouth, and spittest—away from the angel of the LORD—and do not curse again though it is terrible hard.

The angel of the LORD he does laugh.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2014, 03:51:17 PM »

I named this as #4 in my fave Podcastle of all time:
http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2014/10/podcast-spotlight-podcastle/
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: