Author Topic: Site stability  (Read 6291 times)

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
on: September 12, 2008, 09:15:26 PM
Hi all,

I just wanted to apologize for the extreme instability across all the Escape Artists sites today.  We did a server move last night to try to make things better, and it appears to have done the opposite. 

There was a combination of stuff going on, between bad connection settings and a Wordpress/Podpress bug that kept killing PHP.  I think I've got all of that nailed down now, and things should be both stable and faster from here on.  We're on a pair of VPS (virtual private server) slices now, one for the Web server and one for the database, and in the long term this should give a lot of room for growth.  Eventually I'd like to get off of Wordpress entirely, but that's a long-term thing.

Thanks for your patience, and if you see anything acting flaky, please drop me a line to let me know.

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

Zathras

Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:56:21 PM
Thanks for the update.  I figured it was something like that, but it's nice to have an explanation.

eytanz

Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 05:35:38 AM
You may already be aware of this, but just a few minutes ago, the Pseudopod and podcastle feeds in my iTunes magically transformed themselves into Escape Pod feeds.

Loz

• Lochage
    • Blah Flowers
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2008, 06:30:43 AM
The two problems I've noticed, the 'Show unread posts since last visit' insists no-one HAS posted anything since the last time I looked, despite my going to fora and finding new things posted,

The other problem is that when I tried to PM Steve to mention this the board insisted I'd tried to send the message a few seconds ago and refused to send it.

Is anyone else having these problems too?

Russell Nash

Reply #4 on: September 16, 2008, 09:36:22 AM
The other problem is that when I tried to PM Steve to mention this the board insisted I'd tried to send the message a few seconds ago and refused to send it.

mine did that, but when I checked, I found out it had sent three copies of the PM.

CammoBlammo

• Matross
Reply #5 on: September 16, 2008, 05:37:53 PM
The two problems I've noticed, the 'Show unread posts since last visit' insists no-one HAS posted anything since the last time I looked, despite my going to fora and finding new things posted,

Is anyone else having these problems too?

+1