Author Topic: New Music?  (Read 9289 times)

Terrornado

• Extern
on: May 21, 2008, 08:34:52 PM
Great podcast!  Nice work.  My only complaint is with the music.  It bugs me. 

hautdesert

• Editor
Reply #1 on: May 21, 2008, 09:30:22 PM
Sorry to hear you don't like the music!  I like it a great deal.  I have the whole album, in fact, and listen to it a lot these days.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #2 on: May 21, 2008, 09:34:43 PM
Sorry to hear you don't like the music!  I like it a great deal.  I have the whole album, in fact, and listen to it a lot these days.

Okay, I know it's Shiva in Exile, but I don't know what song it is.

hautdesert

• Editor
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2008, 09:59:59 PM
It's track number 2, "Breathing"

Anarkey

• Meen Pie
  • Hipparch
  • ...depends a good deal on where you want to get to
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2008, 10:32:02 PM
There's been enough dissing on the PC music that I feel obligated to say, publicly, that I dig it.  I agree that there sometimes seems to be balance issues between the voice level and the music level, but those seem to be less and less as time goes on (or I'm just getting used to it) but as to the music itself?  I lubs it with big lub and I'm glad that I'm not listening to Carmina Burana or some other typical fantastical fare every week.

That is all.

Winner Nash's 1000th member betting pool + Thaurismunths' Free Rice Contest!

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 10:44:53 PM
I'm far more likely to buy an album by Shiva in Exile than one by Daikaiju.  In fact, I'd never buy an album by Daikaiju.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Liminal

• EA Staff
    • These Liminal Days
Reply #6 on: May 22, 2008, 12:02:03 AM
I'm far more likely to buy an album by Shiva in Exile than one by Daikaiju.  In fact, I'd never buy an album by Daikaiju.

Oh no you di'int! Dissin' the Daikaiju will set you up for a surf-scifi-monster-rock ass-whompin!
 ;D

Why is this thus? What is the reason for this thusness? - Artemus Ward

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 12:32:18 AM

Oh no you di'int! Dissin' the Daikaiju will set you up for a surf-scifi-monster-rock ass-whompin!
 ;D

Well, I don't actively dislike Daikaiju.  Their music just doesn't affect me at all.  But I still listen to Escape Pod and I've never found myself thinking "this podcast would be better if they dumped this music."

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Rain

• Matross
Reply #8 on: June 11, 2008, 07:04:23 PM
I dont think Daikaiju is great, but the music fits perfectly as an opening to a podcast and Escape Pod wouldnt be the same without it, Shiva in Exile just doesnt do anything for me, it just doesnt seem to "go" anywhere and i just skip forward till its over

vcity1986

• Extern
Reply #9 on: January 30, 2009, 08:58:05 AM

Okay, I know it's Shiva in Exile, but I don't know what song it is.

The song Breathing is used for the opens, but Odysseia is used for their closing.  It took me buying the album in iTunes to figure that out...Odysseia was the song I was looking for because I just love it, haha.

Rail16

• Extern
    • Rail 16 Photography
Reply #10 on: April 17, 2009, 03:01:15 PM
i'll throw in my thoughts on this as well.

since the first time i heard the theme music for PC i've not liked it and only thought of it as someone like Nell trying to do what she thinks is singing and everyone just clapping because it's the polite thing to do.

i think if there were no vocals i'd enjoy it more as the music itself has a nice epic feel, but the vocals ruin it and i think lends to the fact that i play catch up with PC rather than listen to each new episode as it comes out.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #11 on: April 18, 2009, 01:32:43 PM
Podcastle's music is take it or leave for me and for the most part is Daikaiju (I prefer a little more punk in my surf music) but i have to thank/blame pseudopod for turning me on to/making me a slave that must purchase each new album as soon as available to Anders Manga.  I am guessing we have Mur to thank for that one, since Mur and Anders Manga are from the same state if memory serves correctly.  If an opportunity to see Anders Manga (hint if you read this please come play Vox Bar in Wuhan, Hubei China, and whoda thunk you would find a goth/punk/industrial/techno/triphop club there of all places.) I would be down for it, and would try to drag as many of my students as possible with me.  I know a few that would actually like it. 

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 11:38:00 PM

Agreed! Surf music. Blarg.

For mine:

Shiva In Exile: Wonderfully appropriate for EP.

Anders Manga: WILDLY appropriate, wonderful, awesome, fantastic, frames PP perfectly. Also, I kinda like it.

Daikaiju: No. In every way, no. I've become used to the "regular" opening but the "flash" opening still grates very badly.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2009, 11:41:12 PM by kibitzer »

izzardfan

Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 06:45:49 AM
I know this probably belongs in another folder, but...

I would love to be able to hear the entire Daikaiju song(s) from EP intro/outros (regular & flash).  I'm not saying I'd buy the album or anything.  I just want to hear the whole thing, with no narration over it.