Author Topic: Podcaster not getting episodes  (Read 5409 times)

godzilla8nj

• Extern
on: November 08, 2008, 04:51:03 PM
I am using www.podcaster.fm to play Escape Pod on my G1. However, the feed mysteriously ceases with Episode #173 back on 8/29.

As a lowly user I haven't received word back from Podcaster about the issue, however they invite podcast owners to alert them of any problems for fast resolution. Would it be possible for someone from Escape Artists to interface with them at http://podcaster.fm/podcastOwnerInfo.html so I can again enjoy Escape Pod on-the-go?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2008, 04:53:14 PM by godzilla8nj »

godzilla8nj

• Extern
Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 07:49:11 AM
12 hours after my initial post http://snoggdoggler.com released the DoggCatcher podcast catcher for the G1. Problem solved.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 06:30:10 PM
:) that works
btw how is the G1?

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

godzilla8nj

• Extern
Reply #3 on: November 13, 2008, 05:27:08 PM
Provided you use Google services (I do) the G1 is a great little device. It's not an iPhone. Sleek it is not, but that'll come in another Android device once Google coughs up a virtual keyboard (which is sorely lacking.) Without having to jailbreak I can SSH from it into my servers, browse the Android file system, download songs directly, etc. I do miss the polish of the music player on my iPhone, and it lacks apps like SimplifyMedia (which allows you to share music OTA with friends) but hopefully someone's working on it. All in all I'd say it';s a good start and worth supporting.

As for PodCaster and DoggCatcher:
- No word yet from PodCaster, and now my TAL podcast has stopped updating. *Sigh.*
- DoggCatcher is a work-in-progress and they've been pretty responsive but so far it hasn't been what I need. That said, if I'm getting on a plane or will otherwise plan on being without service I'll revisit it.

I've fallen back on using my Google Reader (especially since I'm trying to get caught up using www.escapearchive.com) but each 'cast is 4-5 clicks away using the mobile interface and it's pretty crowded with my news subscriptions.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2008, 05:28:51 PM by godzilla8nj »