Author Topic: PC031 Split: Fight Club Discussion  (Read 6614 times)

arminzerella

• Extern
on: November 17, 2008, 01:20:16 AM
So, as I was listening to this, I got the feeling toward the end that Colin and Ishmael were one person - going mad, slowly, and torturing *themselves*.  Maybe I've just seen Fight Club too many times.  ;)  Anyone else thinking along those lines? 

Zathras

Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 01:39:00 AM
So, as I was listening to this, I got the feeling toward the end that Colin and Ishmael were one person - going mad, slowly, and torturing *themselves*.  Maybe I've just seen Fight Club too many times.  ;)  Anyone else thinking along those lines? 

I have literally seen Fight Club more than 1000 times and wasn't thinking that.  Some of the subteties weren't the same.

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 12:55:09 PM
I have literally seen Fight Club more than 1000 times
That would be... an average of once every three days since it was released? I have trouble believing that.

Unless, of course, you're using "literally" to mean "figuratively"...

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Zathras

Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 01:47:26 PM
I have literally seen Fight Club more than 1000 times
That would be... an average of once every three days since it was released? I have trouble believing that.

Unless, of course, you're using "literally" to mean "figuratively"...

Ummm, your math is lacking.  Fight Club was released in 1999.  Even if it had been released in 2007, 3 times a day in one year would total over 1000.  I typed literally and I meant litterally.  There was a time when I was watching the movie 4 or more times per day.

Edit::  Whoops, sorry, misread your post.  Your math is correct.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 01:58:33 PM by Zathras »

eytanz

Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 02:16:33 PM
There was a time when I was watching the movie 4 or more times per day.

You spent 8 hours a day or so watching Fight Club? I sure hope you were being paid for that. I mean, great movie and all - one of my all-time favorites - but I happen to have seen it yesterday (it was on UK tv), probably my fifth time or so, and I was starting to feel like I'm too familiar with it to fully enjoy it anymore.

Zathras

Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 02:22:32 PM

You spent 8 hours a day or so watching Fight Club? I sure hope you were being paid for that. I mean, great movie and all - one of my all-time favorites - but I happen to have seen it yesterday (it was on UK tv), probably my fifth time or so, and I was starting to feel like I'm too familiar with it to fully enjoy it anymore.

Some of the time I was on the clock, yes.  I would watch each commentary track, then without commentary.  After a while, I was watching it on "random", that was interesting.  I would say that in the last 5 years, I've seen it about 20 to 30 times.

wintermute

• Hipparch
  • What Would Batman Do?
Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 02:56:49 PM

Fair enough.

So.... do you like it?

Science means that not all dreams can come true

Zathras

Reply #7 on: November 17, 2008, 03:02:33 PM

Fair enough.

So.... do you like it?

At one time, it was my favorite movie.  The people I used to hang out with said I was Tyler.  I settled down, got married, and now I watch it when I want to go to sleep.  I've seen it enough that I know what's going to happen, so it distracts me but doesn't hold my attention.  Sigh, to be young again...

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 04:16:08 PM
aw ive only seen it about 20 times...
how have i not seen this thread until now? crazy.

Fight Club is my fav movie.  I do however like the book more.

i have yet to listen to the whole commentary, ive gotten through about half of it

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?