Author Topic: Apparitions(BBC)  (Read 5194 times)

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
on: November 20, 2008, 02:54:12 AM
I guess I should start this by noting, for those of you who have not been in this crack on the surface of the internet long, that I am an Atheist. My username is actually a portmanteau of heretic and infidel, both of which are synonyms for Atheist, so I could be (Atheist)(Atheist)=Atheist2.

That said, I really liked the first episode of Apparitions. I don't like all of it, like the subplot with the gay-Indian-leper acolyte, but on the whole I liked the main character and the true-believer-against-the-unseeing-system aspect. Now, I'm Atheist by way of Catholic, so the early-childhood conditioning might have made it easier for me to watch it (I actually figured out I didn't believe in God in one of those stuffy nun-inhabited rooms with little light and larger crosses during Sunday school — which, incidentally, was where one of my good friends from high school says she discovered her faith, so you know, different strokes for different folks), but I don't really know. I'd be interested to see what people of other Christian faiths, or just other faiths, think of it.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2008, 08:12:00 PM
SPLIT!  go attack Heradel in Gallimaufry!

is Apparitions on Hulu by any chance?

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

eytanz

Reply #2 on: December 02, 2008, 08:33:55 PM
As far as I know Hulu only has American shows. I'm not sure, as it won't work here.

For people in the UK, the first three episodes of Apparitions are on the BBC iplayer, and will remain up until Christmas.