Escape Artists
July 23, 2017, 05:38:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: We're halfway through the first round of the Podcastle Flash Fiction contest. Groups 7-10 are currently taking votes.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SF/F Podcast Recommendations?  (Read 29229 times)
Fenrix
Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
EA Staff

Have you found the Yellow Sign?

« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2011, 02:02:05 PM »

Aside from some random mentions, I haven't seen much pimping here for the H. P. Lovecraft Literary Podcast. I'd have to say it's pretty darn good. Largely, this is a discussion of Lovecraft's work peppered with readings of relevant passages. They also raise money to cover their costs through holding ransoms for well produced readings of Lovecraft's stories. This past month they just released a reading of Call of Cthulhu. There are the occasional intellectual stoner-buddy sidetrack discussions, but it's all done with a distinct love of the material. If you're interested in Lovecraft or the mythos that he helped create, this is worth your time to check out. There's several years worth of catalog, which is helping to fill the void as I have finished all of PseudoPod's catalog.

I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
jrderego
Hipparch

Writer of Union Dues stories (among others)

« Reply #61 on: December 30, 2016, 12:42:59 PM »

The Kurt Vonneguys podcast is excellent. Alex Smith and Michael Swaim from www.cracked.com and lifelong Vonnegut enthusiasts exhaustively discuss his books in publication order. Fan-tastic stuff.

"Happiness consists of getting enough sleep." Robert A. Heinlein
Also, please buy my book - Escape Clause: A Union Dues Novel
http://www.encpress.com/EC.html
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: