Escape Artists

News:

News

ATTENTION: NEW FORUM THEME Please see here for details: http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=13188.0

Author Topic: EP Flash Fiction Contest Winner: Mission to Dover  (Read 13978 times)

Zathras

Reply #20 on: December 07, 2008, 02:23:23 PM
Which was in the original post. I'm so glad to see that everyone reads my posts.

If it makes you feel any better, I saw your link, N-sh.  When there is an Episode Comment thread, I always look to see what the links are before I post.

RKG

• Palmer
Reply #21 on: December 07, 2008, 07:15:26 PM
Which was in the original post. I'm so glad to see that everyone reads my posts.

If it makes you feel any better, I saw your link, N-sh.  When there is an Episode Comment thread, I always look to see what the links are before I post.

OK. OK. Mea Culpa.  Mea Culpa. 

Geez.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2008, 07:18:23 PM by RKG »

rkg  101010

Hatton

• Peltast
    • Front Porch Political Talk
Reply #22 on: December 08, 2008, 08:43:07 PM
If being a great hook for a longer story was the qualification for winning the contest, I understand why this one won!

Okay reading, great premise.

Normal is just a setting on the washing machine.

vanya

Reply #23 on: December 12, 2008, 03:58:15 PM
How on earth did this silly story win?  I’m sorry to be insulting, but it was just dumb. Cliched, ahistorical and actually insulting in a way to the Allied men and women who did the real hard work of deceiving the Germans about the invasion of France in WWII. Professor Seiferd is over the top with the sneering and the British despising and even the anti-Semitism - yeah, Nazi's are bad, we get it.  And of course in reality from the German point of view D-Day was a side show, the Eastern Front was what decided the war. If the Germans had found a way to time travel they would have used it against the Russians so the whole premise is just typical anglo-centric backslapping. (Or even - why not just materialize near a book store if you have 14 minutes?) This is the kind of story I expect from a 15 year old.  I'm shocked to be honest that this story even made it to honorable mention stage.

Rachel Swirsky

• Hipparch
    • PodCastle
Reply #24 on: December 12, 2008, 04:04:17 PM
The three winning stories were decided by popular vote on the forums. If you're interested in what some of the voters thought, you can check out the thread on this piece, which I believe Russell Nash was kind enough to link to in his initial post.

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #25 on: December 15, 2008, 02:53:08 PM
I did not like this one as much as some of the others. It felt overdone.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 02:54:06 PM
I didn't like this one as much as some of the others that have been published.  This is probably due to me not knowing a great deal of detail about the time period.  I should go check out the voting forums for them though to hear the discussions during the voting. 

But in any case, a pretty good time travel story is better than sparkly vampires or a poke in the eye with a sharp stick, so I'm not really complaining!