Author Topic: Escape Pod Flash Fiction Contest, Honorable Mention: From Liquid to Glass  (Read 4264 times)

Russell Nash

Escape Pod Flash Fiction Contest, Honorable Mention: From Liquid to Glass

By J. R. Blackwell.
Read by Rachel Swirsky (of Pocastle).

He smelled like new cars and cologne, he moved with a measured rhythm. His mouth tasted like mint toothpaste. She looked over his shoulder through the white light of the window. She was sweating into her sheets, her breath silent, and her lips thin and tight.

Rated R. Contains sex and melancholia.

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!

—————

Original Contest thread for From Liquid to Glass

ajames

• Lochage
This is the first of the contest flash that I have liked better hearing than reading. I can't say if it was the different medium, or the passage of time, or some other factor, but I felt the emotional impact much more this time around.

Windup

• Hipparch
This is the first of the contest flash that I have liked better hearing than reading. I can't say if it was the different medium, or the passage of time, or some other factor, but I felt the emotional impact much more this time around.

I agree, reading aloud really helped this one..

"My whole job is in the space between 'should be' and 'is.' It's a big space."

Russell Nash

It reads differently if you hear it as SF or only as metaphor.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
good stroy, well read.  A well put together tidbit.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
I tried to follow the link to the original thread to remind myself what happened in the story--it prompted me to log in again, and then dumped me back out on the main forum page.  Should that thread still be accessible?