Author Topic: Zombieland  (Read 8078 times)

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
on: December 19, 2008, 02:29:31 PM
Ha.  This is just too much.  Apparently, a zombie flick (parts, at least) will be filmed in the town were I live, probably in March.  Zombie-comedy starring Woody Harrelson.  I'm going to try and get cast as an extra. :)

http://www.times-herald.com/Local/Movie-wants-to-film-in-Newnan--615378

Zathras

Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 02:40:34 PM
That would be cool.  I want to be a zobmie.  I'll trade you a hammer.

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #2 on: December 19, 2008, 02:55:51 PM
No need.  If you can get here, I'm sure there will be room for everyone.  Because, really, can you have too many zombies?
It's kind of weird.  Newnan is a pretty small town, and so far from Atlanta that if you get any further away, it's not metro Atlanta anymore.  Not sure why they picked it, but I'm glad they did.  Of course, our stupid city council could still screw it up, not to mention the locals.  The folks who live and work near The Square tend to be a bit uptight.

Russell Nash

Reply #3 on: December 19, 2008, 03:48:35 PM
Tell them to shut up.  A movie shoot brings all sorts of money.

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #4 on: December 19, 2008, 04:22:15 PM
Yeah, I know.  I'm not sure if you've been to the southeastern U.S., but people can be funny about stuff down here, especially "strangers."  Newnan in particular has some old, deep roots, as it escaped Sherman's wrath by virtue of being home to a large hospital camp.  I've lived here for about 12 years and I'm still considered an out-of-towner.

Zathras

Reply #5 on: February 18, 2009, 03:14:11 PM
Any updates?

Planish

• Hipparch
  • Fun will now commence.
    • northernelectric.ca
Reply #6 on: April 20, 2009, 03:33:22 AM
Any updates?
I'm pretty sure gelee is still considered an "out of towner".  ;)

I feed The Pod.
("planish" rhymes with "vanish")

gelee

• Lochage
  • It's a missile, boy.
Reply #7 on: May 14, 2009, 06:36:46 PM
Uhh...Yeah, updates...
OK, I totaly blew it.  RL has gotten very...real...lately.  I haven't had much time for cruising the forums, much less shambling around the Newnan square in zombie make-up.  Sucks.  I guess I've missed my shot at zombiehood.  At least, until the Zombpocalypse...
I'm still surprised they managed to get it filmed here, but it apparently went off without a hitch.

DarkKnightJRK

• Peltast
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2009, 09:52:48 PM
Well, a trailer's been out for a while. Looks very fun--kinda reminds me of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, only with zombies. :D

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/zombieland/trailer

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #9 on: July 20, 2009, 08:33:59 PM
Agreed. I laughed several times watching this trailer. Hope the movie's got the same feel.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142

kristin

• Extern
Reply #11 on: October 03, 2009, 09:46:08 PM
I saw this movie last night. I thought it was pretty awesome. Very cool, it made me wish that I lived in Zombieland, so I could kill some zombies. It was also funny. I was never bored.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #12 on: October 04, 2009, 07:01:24 AM
I also just saw this movie.  Pretty damn good.  My brother told me it was the best movie he'd seen in a long time, to which I said no way, and ... well... no.  Not by ANY means the best move I've seen in a while (that goes to Inglorious Basterds), but I was thoroughly entertained, it was pretty funny, etc etc it was good.  I'd recommend seeing it but not if you need to save money :P

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

wakela

• Hipparch
    • Mr. Wake
Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 08:08:31 AM
I thought the first 30 minutes or so are the best movie I have ever seen or will ever see.  If the rest of the movie were that good I would gouged my eyes out so it would have been the last thing I ever saw.  The rest of the movie is good.  Lots of fun.  Surprises, good acting, Woody is all kinds of great, quotable, etc.  But just a little light on the Zeds.  Then ending was OK, but I was hoping for a little more.  They could have done more with zombies of different kinds of people, but they all looked pretty generic. 

Still I will see a sequel without hesitation.