Author Topic: Gonna do this if it kills me  (Read 6851 times)

Zathras

on: January 15, 2009, 12:29:48 AM
Ok, gonna start writing a story based on an idea I've had for years.  Thanks, Listener, for the nudge.  Working title is "Charity Dinner"

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 06:24:54 PM
Best of luck with this, man. The hardest part is deciding to do it.

(Not to say that finishing it so you're happy with the end product isn't also difficult, but you've take a huge step forward.)

Zathras

Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 04:04:07 AM
I wrote the rough draft for my story.  I also got off my butt and wrote up the basic outline for 2 more stories.

Zathras

Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 02:57:40 PM
Today I plan on rewriting "Charity Dinner" and fleshing out "Tastes Like Chicken".  When I finish them, I hope to submit Charity Dinner to Podcastle and Tastes Like Chicken to Pseudopod.

Zathras

Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 12:33:45 AM
"Charity Dinner" is in big trouble.  I need to either trim it down to short-short or find something more to put in the story.  I have the plot and setting, but the payoff doesn't justify the length.

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #5 on: February 03, 2009, 04:48:43 PM
...fleshing out "Tastes Like Chicken".

*GROAN*  ::) ;D

Hitting a spot you have in the story happens a lot (to me, at least). Either I grit my teeth and keep working through it, or I put it aside for a week or two and then come back to it. Both ways seem to be helpful, as long as you follow through.

Good luck!

Zathras

Reply #6 on: February 03, 2009, 09:16:23 PM
Shared Charity Dinner with Tracie.  She likes the idea.  I think I want to make it a bit longer, but it's going to take a lot of research for very little pay off. 

I am going to use an evening out, from getting ready to dinner and fill in the story with flash backs.