Author Topic: Is it too early to make a complaint thread  (Read 65786 times)

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
on: January 18, 2009, 06:37:31 PM
Sunday...

Zathras

Reply #1 on: January 18, 2009, 06:41:25 PM
Dude, there are two new PP episodes, have patience!

izzardfan

Reply #2 on: January 19, 2009, 01:01:58 PM
Dude, there are two new PP episodes, have patience!

I don't read PP (because I can't handle horror, which is why some PCs have freaked me out a bit), so I'm waiting for both PC and EP.  And while I'm NOT complaining, as I do have a backlog of other audio fiction I can listen to, isn't there a separate set of staff for each podcast?  (ie. two new PP episodes should have no bearing on PC and EP)  I do realize that some duties overlap, and I know that when the new stories are posted, they'll be worth waiting for.

Zathras

Reply #3 on: January 19, 2009, 01:33:04 PM
Izzardfan, I posted my comment to lunatic because I know he listens to PP.  I don't think there is a lot of overlap in the staff of each cast.

eytanz

Reply #4 on: January 19, 2009, 01:39:57 PM
I don't want to complain about the lack of EP/PC episodes this week, or to add pressure on Steve/Rachel and their staff - I understand that there's more going on behind the scenes than we can see and there's probably a good reason for missing episodes. But I do wish that there was a bit more information - just a quick note to say "sorry, we're missing an episode this week" would be much appreciated.

Raving_Lunatic

• Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2009, 03:00:15 PM
I posted this before PP came out, but that made up for it, I suppose.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2009, 04:06:38 PM
I don't want to complain about the lack of EP/PC episodes this week, or to add pressure on Steve/Rachel and their staff - I understand that there's more going on behind the scenes than we can see and there's probably a good reason for missing episodes. But I do wish that there was a bit more information - just a quick note to say "sorry, we're missing an episode this week" would be much appreciated.

I agree fully. I don't want to be a whiner. I have other stories. However the quality of EP and PC stories always makes me happy. I'm trying to be patient. But, I agree that word from on high would help ease my fear that my favorite cast will vanish forever.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Ocicat

• Castle Watchcat
  • Anything for a Weird Life
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2009, 09:30:41 PM
Is it too early to make a complaint thread

Yes.

izzardfan

Reply #8 on: January 20, 2009, 12:14:39 PM
Izzardfan, I posted my comment to lunatic because I know he listens to PP.  I don't think there is a lot of overlap in the staff of each cast.

Didn't know that about him, sorry.  And I'm like the others, just hoping for word of some kind.  We aren't even at two weeks yet, so it's not panic time, by any means.

In the meantime, I've started listening to "Nina Kimberly the Merciless" by Christiana Ellis. (She read Mur's Christmas EP story.)  It's pretty good so far.  I prefer when the author reads their own work, as they know exactly where to put the emphasis, how to pronounce things, and what tone to use with each character.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #9 on: January 20, 2009, 02:19:46 PM
I prefer when the author reads their own work, as they know exactly where to put the emphasis, how to pronounce things, and what tone to use with each character.

Escape Artists seems to have a standing policy against that ... except that I can't remember whether or not Steve read his own story way back when.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

eytanz

Reply #10 on: January 20, 2009, 02:24:53 PM
I prefer when the author reads their own work, as they know exactly where to put the emphasis, how to pronounce things, and what tone to use with each character.

Escape Artists seems to have a standing policy against that ... except that I can't remember whether or not Steve read his own story way back when.

He did, in Episode 76, The Dinner Game. (AKA "The first EP episode I ever listened to")

ETA: This is wrong
« Last Edit: January 20, 2009, 02:30:57 PM by eytanz »

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #11 on: January 20, 2009, 02:27:41 PM

He did, in Episode 76, The Dinner Game. (AKA "The first EP episode I ever listened to")

That's the only exception I can think of, then.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

eytanz

Reply #12 on: January 20, 2009, 02:30:27 PM
Actually, forget that, that was totally wrong - I just looked at the blog and apparently it was read by Maia Whitaker. I was confused because I thought I remember Steve being apologetic in the intro about reading his own story, but he was actually apologetic for running his own story.

Zathras

Reply #13 on: January 20, 2009, 03:45:04 PM
;D

Didn't know that about him, sorry.  And I'm like the others, just hoping for word of some kind.  We aren't even at two weeks yet, so it's not panic time, by any means.

No worries.  I'm not upset in the least.  Just wanted to explain why I told lunatic to wait. 

ajames

• Lochage
Reply #14 on: January 21, 2009, 02:33:38 AM
I'm not complaining.

I'm just a bit worried.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #15 on: January 21, 2009, 02:38:05 AM
word is a rift in the space time continuum opened up in Steve's computer, transporting the uploaded file a few days in the future.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

izzardfan

Reply #16 on: January 22, 2009, 07:08:46 AM
word is a rift in the space time continuum opened up in Steve's computer, transporting the uploaded file a few days in the future.

This sounds like a great plot for an EscapePod episode.   ;D

Kurt Faler

• Palmer
Reply #17 on: January 23, 2009, 02:01:48 AM
Is it too early to make a complaint thread

Yes.

How bout now?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #18 on: January 23, 2009, 04:52:21 AM
yep, still early.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

showerkapp

• Extern
Reply #19 on: January 23, 2009, 01:17:22 PM
I'm with raving lunatic. Where is the new story? It's been a week. And there's no word, nothing, from EA. Even just a word from Steve on the blog or in this thread would be appreciated. Everything about Escape Pod is of the highest caliber--the stories, the production, the way they pay the authors. Steve is a class act, but this lack of news is out of character with his usual professionalism and regard for his audience.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #20 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:30 PM
Patience. If you're looking for a podcast to fill the void in the interim, I recommend Drabblecast. It's .. different, but engaging. :P

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 03:14:39 PM
but... but.. *twitch*

I have some of the alternate casts- drabbble- clone pod, and quite a few others. And although they're entertaining enough. They are not Escape pod. I love this show. The sister casts are awesome, and seem to be unaffected by whatever malady has take EP down for the week. But I'm worried. I was freaked when Steved pulled the first time- but he's human with truly human problems and everyone needs a break. But it was only back briefly before this. So, being a pessimist of the first class I assume something dire is in the works.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 03:18:47 PM by MacArthurBug »

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Zathras

Reply #22 on: January 23, 2009, 03:20:08 PM
Again, my fault.  Always use proper wards prior to Pseudo Pod marathons. 

I am in the middle of an Escape Pod marathon, so I've got a little more patience.

Raving_Lunatic

• Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #23 on: January 23, 2009, 05:08:12 PM
I'm more worried than angry at this point.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #24 on: January 23, 2009, 05:27:07 PM
Steve's Twittered about it:
Sorry for EP being late. There's been stuff. It'll be up either today or tomorrow. Meanwhile, this week's Drabblec ast is astonishing.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.