Author Topic: Is it too early to make a complaint thread  (Read 65907 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #150 on: March 03, 2009, 04:59:20 AM
Where is some sort of information or notice about what is going on? Is it biweekly? monthly? Whenever the hell ever?  It's all good.  Just let us know.  When i mentioned this last month I got jumped on by someone.  Glad to see that other folks have had enough with this foolishness and are withdrawing financial support.   It is what is deserved.  In the last post at the start of February Steve said Ben Phillips would take over Escape Artists.  Hello?  Is anyone at home there?  What the hell do you all do?  What is going on.  This is a joke.

So quit listening and go away, then. 

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #151 on: March 03, 2009, 06:57:21 AM
Where is some sort of information or notice about what is going on? Is it biweekly? monthly? Whenever the hell ever?  It's all good.  Just let us know.  When i mentioned this last month I got jumped on by someone.  Glad to see that other folks have had enough with this foolishness and are withdrawing financial support.   It is what is deserved.  In the last post at the start of February Steve said Ben Phillips would take over Escape Artists.  Hello?  Is anyone at home there?  What the hell do you all do?  What is going on.  This is a joke.

So quit listening and go away, then. 
hey hey hey, be nice. really.
however missmeka, be nice too.  :P
its okay to feel cheated or .... something, and maybe your patience has worn thin (tho i still advise, be patient)... but please word things... softer... if you will. :)  thats really the only reason why you are being jumped on, its the harsh tone, it's not appreciated here, we are civil people.

i think there is just an adjusting period going on.  granted, its a bit slower and shakier than i or anyone else would like, and it is a little ridiculous.... but it is what it is, and it will be what it will be :)

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #152 on: March 03, 2009, 08:09:07 AM
What is happening:  various personal problems on which I am not at liberty to elaborate.  They will either be divulged to the public at a later time or not.  No one has a further explanation for you at this time.  Do whatever you think is best.

What is being done:  extensive hiring and restructuring, most of which is long overdue, and which is time consuming to implement -- especially with nearly every one of us living in a different state of the union or even nation of the world.  However, it is nonetheless well underway, and it will most assuredly result in Escape Pod and PodCastle returning to robust scheduling and the high-quality free programming to which you've grown accustomed.  But it will not do so instantaneously.  My guess (and for many reasons beyond the scope of this post, this can only be a guess) is that you will see a more reliable release schedule be resumed by Escape Pod and PodCastle by April.

Thanks very much for your inquiries, and any forgiveness you can muster.  I'll conclude with some general advice -- if you want to email someone a question about shows not being posted, and you're not hearing from the one failing to post them, you might have more luck if you try someone who's still posting some.  In this particular case, it turns out that you can do no better than the new CEO of the company:  editor @ pseudopod.org -- that's me, at your service.

Russell Nash

Reply #153 on: March 03, 2009, 08:51:20 AM
Ben seems to be putting on that sweatshirt with the bull's eye on the front, that I gave him for Christmas.

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #154 on: March 03, 2009, 09:01:04 AM
Ben seems to be putting on that sweatshirt with the bull's eye on the front, that I gave him for Christmas.

Which is why your present to me is still in the back of the closet. I know better than to open up a present of yours, they always end up being more trouble than they're worth. I remember when you tried to give me the Congo last year — I told you that it wouldn't fit into my apartment. I live in Manhattan, not Salt Lake City or Atlanta were the apartment sizes are sane.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Russell Nash

Reply #155 on: March 03, 2009, 09:13:43 AM

Which is why your present to me is still in the back of the closet. I know better than to open up a present of yours, they always end up being more trouble than they're worth. I remember when you tried to give me the Congo last year — I told you that it wouldn't fit into my apartment. I live in Manhattan, not Salt Lake City or Atlanta were the apartment sizes are sane.

Would you prefer Rhode Island?  It's smaller.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #156 on: March 03, 2009, 09:20:26 AM

And have to deal with the 10.3% unemployment rate? I'm underemployed myself.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Russell Nash

Reply #157 on: March 03, 2009, 09:26:57 AM

And have to deal with the 10.3% unemployment rate? I'm underemployed myself.

And you say you're not hard to buy for.

Zathras

Reply #158 on: March 03, 2009, 12:49:09 PM

Did he try to mail it?

Seriously, I will be mailing a check for my donation when things get straightened out.  I have issues with PayPal, but that's another thread.  I do think that Ben's post is probably overdue.  I believe that, other than general concern for the crew of EA, most of us would be fine with an update like this once in a while.  The lack of any kind of explanation makes people feel unappreciated. 

I had accepted the fact that there were things going on, so I'm ok with waiting.

I hope everyone's personal issues work out as best as possible.

missmeka

• Extern
Reply #159 on: March 03, 2009, 03:41:22 PM
Thanks, CEO / Editor of Pseudopod / Someone there...  thank you for addressing worries.

I'm sorry if my tone is harsh.  I should have written that down and re-read it.  IBut you know, it really is exactly what I was thinking.  No more and no less.

I guess I am upset and have this attitude because I thought I was seeing something I love fall apart.  And not just fall apart, but indeed, explode, implode, blow up in a big bang of empty promises and excuses from Steve.  I am so happy to hear from someone else other than him.  It's about time.  My question is.. where are the other people that work on this?  Why is it such a black box?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #160 on: March 03, 2009, 05:33:50 PM
My question is.. where are the other people that work on this?  Why is it such a black box?
They are all either captured or dead... or... captured AND dead! (prize to whoever gets the reference)

seems to me like there's just a lot of personal issues that are running rampant, scary no?

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #161 on: March 03, 2009, 06:24:02 PM
Thanks, CEO / Editor of Pseudopod / Someone there...  thank you for addressing worries.

I'm sorry if my tone is harsh.  I should have written that down and re-read it.  IBut you know, it really is exactly what I was thinking.  No more and no less.

I guess I am upset and have this attitude because I thought I was seeing something I love fall apart.  And not just fall apart, but indeed, explode, implode, blow up in a big bang of empty promises and excuses from Steve.  I am so happy to hear from someone else other than him.  It's about time.  My question is.. where are the other people that work on this?  Why is it such a black box?

They are tied up in my basement.

Russell Nash

Reply #162 on: March 03, 2009, 06:53:28 PM

They are tied up in my basement.

Can I play with the puppy?

(this has become the obscure reference thread)

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #163 on: March 03, 2009, 08:12:48 PM
Can I play with the puppy?

(this has become the obscure reference thread)

What do you mean, you can't find them?  How do you lose a six foot bitch and a talking rock?

Praxis

Reply #164 on: March 03, 2009, 11:15:28 PM
".....They are unable to respond
 They are unwilling to respond."

I mean, if we are going to play Reference Obscura.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #165 on: March 03, 2009, 11:27:53 PM
Suppose orgasms are killing people ... what would you say about a person who has ... multiple orgasms?

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #166 on: March 03, 2009, 11:33:08 PM
Suppose orgasms are killing people ... what would you say about a person who has ... multiple orgasms?

That they really need to get around to achieving Nirvana.

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #167 on: March 04, 2009, 08:24:15 PM
I hate to go miles off topic, but may I just say I am rather honoured to have my dainty little thread become the official Escape Artists problem thread. It warms the very cockles of my heart.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #168 on: March 04, 2009, 08:34:59 PM
I hate to go miles off topic, but may I just say I am rather honoured to have my dainty little thread become the official Escape Artists problem thread. It warms the very cockles of my heart.

Considering PC and EP came out within hours of each other last night I'm thinking we might be out of the worst of it.

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #169 on: March 04, 2009, 08:37:27 PM

Considering PC and EP came out within hours of each other last night I'm thinking we might be out of the worst of it.

Yep. I think the new problem is your obsessive information posting

Russell Nash

Reply #170 on: March 04, 2009, 09:13:29 PM

I've tried to get him to get help for that.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #171 on: March 04, 2009, 10:02:51 PM

Oh ha ha ha. I try to light a match instead of curse the darkness, and it turns out the darkness very much liked being dark.

Russell Nash

Reply #172 on: March 04, 2009, 10:24:05 PM

Oh ha ha ha. I try to light a match instead of curse the darkness, and it turns out the darkness very much liked being dark.

When it's dark, you don't have to see how ugly the girl, you picked up in the bar, is when you're not drunk.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #173 on: March 04, 2009, 10:49:21 PM
When it's dark, you don't have to see how ugly the girl, you picked up in the bar, is when you're not drunk.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #174 on: March 04, 2009, 11:03:12 PM
sorry Nash, this calls for a little power usage :P