Author Topic: Drabblecast 100 is hilarious!  (Read 4940 times)

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
on: January 28, 2009, 04:23:09 PM
It's a really funny idea.

Clutron

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 03:07:20 PM
I haven't listened to Trifecta VI yet, but I do love the Drabblecast http://drabblecast.freeforums.org/.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 03:42:45 PM
I follow the Drabble cast pretty regularly- I love the trifectas and the death matches. It's good (really weird) stuff.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 04:27:50 PM
So which story of the Trifecta did you find funny?

My take:

1) Cork Ringtone and the Break Dancing Pig by Mel Bosworth - funny, but not hilarious

2) Gerri's Sounds by Michelle Howarth - very disturbing, in a good way, very Psuedopod worthy

3) Cupid, Playing by Ken Goldman - funny in a sdaistic way

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Poppydragon

• Peltast
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 05:43:06 PM
Just got round to listening to these today, didn't find any of them hilarious, Cork Ringtone etc. made me think of a bad Simpsons episode which didn't help as I then had Police Chief Wiggum and Mo in my head when I was listening to it (Homer in a Jesus wig didn't work either)

The other two I thought were really good, particularly Gerry's Sounds, although Cupid caught me out a little as I didn't see the live arrows coming.

Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments - owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 07:15:59 PM
Got to tell you guys that this entire thread is based on a misunderstanding. Originally, a technical hitch with the 'cast meant that all we got was a three second video of a still image, entitled Trifecta VI. I figured that this was a joke, based on the fact everyone has such huge expectations for an episode #100.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 07:18:42 PM
..which just makes the thread all that greater.

My fav was number three. Though Al's reading number one was awesome.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

fuzzygnome

• Palmer
Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 03:02:33 AM
Ah, yes, I was a bit confused when I saw this thread as well.  So you accidentally pranked us as a result of being accidentally pranked by Drabblecast.

Al and FNH did a great job reading, but I also liked the third story best.  A fat man running through the park with a crossbow...delightful mental image.