Author Topic: Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter/Were-Hunter/Dream-Hunter Series  (Read 4461 times)

AarrowOM

• Palmer
  • "We are fleeting creatures, we humans!" - S Baxter
    • Aaron Morris's Website
I was just curious, has anyone read or is anyone else reading the titular series?  I've devoured them, in order too, in the past fortnight or so and just picked up the latest (Dream Warrior) today (well, Monday night).

To head off any questions, yes, I'm a guy and yes, they are romance novels.  That being said, they're still good, though the "Ash ex machina" is getting old.  (Acheron is the Atlantean god of Final Fate, for those of you not in the know.  He also happens to be the go-to guy if you need help of a divine nature.)

On a related note, the book Acheron would have been so much better had it just been backstory, but as a romance novel, there would have been no, er, sex... I mean romance.  Well, not any romantic sex.

Anyway, for those of you who haven't read them and are into urban fantasy with "vampires," shapeshifters, time travelers, gods, demons, and who can handle the occasional sex scene, I highly recommend them.  Do read them in order, though (the reading list is available online), since foreshadowing is a big part of the early books and the later books basically take place sequentially.

Most that are profound would choose to narrate tales of living men with nouns like sorrow, verbs like lose, and action scenes, and love – but then there are now some, and brave they be, that speak of Lunar cities raised and silver spheres and purple seas, leaving us who listen dazed. -- Irena Foygel