Escape Artists
December 15, 2017, 09:05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ZARGA III: "Good Al Hunting"  (Read 41026 times)
MacArthurBug
Giddy
Hipparch

I can resist anything except temptation

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2009, 02:53:14 PM »

65 is driving me batty because: I remember the reference- sort of. The idea was the myth of how we got that little divit below our noses. I know I've heard this reference. Darnit.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.
MacArthurBug
Giddy
Hipparch

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2009, 03:08:44 PM »

These are mostly off the hip or long google searches I'm doing to avoid homework. So I apoligise for not putting my best brainwork into them.

70- cloverfield reference, is my guess.
74- Mimic? It's again a wild guess.

90- after an exausting google search all I turned up was Enemy of the state. Don't think that's right.
93- I think this is from Signs (I hated that movie though)
95- The Happening (Another google search, after Signs I refused to watch any more of this guys work)
99- The Kingdom

Couldn't think of anything else but seriously 65 I need to know what that's from 'cause otherwise I'll start going loopy (er)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 03:24:12 PM by MacArthurBug » Logged

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Alasdair5000
Editor

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2009, 03:53:22 PM »

70 is indeed a Cloverfield reference.  I was fascinated by the buzz surrounding it and there was a big contingent of people convinced for the first few months post trailer who were CONVINCED it was a secret Voltron movie and the line in the trailer was 'I saw it, it's a LION, it's HUGE!'
Russell Nash
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2009, 04:07:59 PM »

Is 120 from Terminator 2?  When Arnie is looking at Sarah's shoulder he says, "I have extensive files on human anatomy."
deflective
Hipparch

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2009, 04:10:32 PM »

this were bugging me too so i did the google. it totally had me thinking of kids wearing nikes at first.

PP108:  The Teacher. Spartan: "Pseudopod knows that a Goddess dwells in these halls, and her name is Victory."
Alasdair5000
Editor

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2009, 05:01:40 PM »

this were bugging me too so i did the google. it totally had me thinking of kids wearing nikes at first.

PP108:  The Teacher. Spartan: "Pseudopod knows that a Goddess dwells in these halls, and her name is Victory."

Hurray!  A film only David Mamet, Matt Wallace and me love gets a LITTLE more exposure!
deflective
Hipparch

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2009, 07:04:40 PM »

PP65:  Doghead.  "Pseudopod told you a secret before you were born and then put its fingers against your mouth and went, "shhh!".

ok, so this is the myth of Lailah but is it referencing a particular movie?
MacArthurBug
Giddy
Hipparch

« Reply #67 on: March 03, 2009, 08:32:06 PM »

deflective: I could swear this is a movie refrence- In fact I'm nearly certain I saw afore mentioned movie, but I'm drawing a blank of epic proportions. Tongue It's driving me frickin' nuts.

Bdoomed
Pseudopod Tiger

Mmm. Tiger.

« Reply #68 on: March 03, 2009, 08:47:34 PM »

SHH!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?
MacArthurBug
Giddy
Hipparch

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2009, 08:51:18 PM »

Bdoomed! my hero! I believe I owe you a favor now.

Bdoomed
Pseudopod Tiger

Mmm. Tiger.

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2009, 08:53:15 PM »

*western tip of the had* Just doin m' job, m'am *rides off into the sunset*

Swamp
Hipparch

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2009, 10:16:15 PM »

PP123:  Bone Sigh. 
"Pseudopod would like to know if there's even a plan B."
Titan A.E.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast
Zathras
« Reply #72 on: March 07, 2009, 03:19:01 PM »

Swamp's getting antsy, and angsty.  I've already done more work on this than I was going to.  I've given you the format and most of the quotes.  If you want Al's voice on your home answering machine, get to it!

Oh, and I'll probably get t-shirts made towards the end of the year, every ZARGA winner will receive one.
Swamp
Hipparch

« Reply #73 on: March 07, 2009, 07:07:40 PM »

I am getting antsy, but I do want to know all of these references.  I've had fun with everyone else trying to guess these.  I just happen to suck at it.  I've gotten a couple, but many I just scratch my head.  I thought it might be helpful to list only the references not solved yet.  So here you go:

Items left to solve (or verify):

PP56:  Crab Apple.  "Pseudopod, despite what you claimed to have seen, didn't show up on any of the cameras we had installed."
PP72:  Heavy Rains.  Shaun of the Dead OR Minder? : "Pseudopod is off down the Winchester."
PP74:  Tumble.  "Pseudopod, these are lungs."
PP75:  The Mill.  "Pseudopod wants to know where you'll be when the dieing starts."
PP83:  Heartstrung. Hot Fuzz OR Shaun of the Dead? "Pseudopod wants to know what the matter is, you've never taken a shortcut before?"
PP85:  Living in Sepia.  "Pseudopod is ready to tell you a secret."
PP90:  The Exhibition.  "Pseudopod knows you should never touch the body."
PP93:  The Land of Reeds.  "Pseudopod wants to know if it's possible that there are no coincidences."
PP94:  The Skull Faced Boy.  "Pseudopod realizes you need both things (Huh)"
PP95:  No Tomorrows.  "Pseudopod is talking to a plastic plant"
PP98:  Among the Moabites.  "Pseudopod...Pseudopod can hear something coming."
PP99.  Photo Finish.  "Pseudopod wants to know how you want to go out, on your feet or on your knees?"
PP101:  Homecoming.  "Pseudopod wants to know, if they made a movie about all of this, who would play you?"
PP102:  Dear Killer.  "Pseudopod cannot be harmed by conventional weaponry."
PP105:  Pattern Masters.  "Pseudopod, Pseudopod is kind of funny lookin'."
PP109:  In the Coils of the Serpent.  "Pseudopod would like you to start at the beginning to ensure you know nothing."
PP123:  Bone Sigh.  "Pseudopod would like to know if there's even a plan B." (My guess: Titan A.E)
PP127:  The Garden and the Mirror.  "Pseudopod looked in that room just a second ago and no one was there."

Latest correct answers:

PP65:  Doghead. The Prophecy: "Pseudopod told you a secret before you were born and then put its fingers against your mouth and went, "shhh!".
PP70:  Rapunzel's Room. Cloverfield: "Pseudopod saw it.  It's huge and it's not a bloody Lion!"
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 07:12:54 PM by Swamp » Logged

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast
Raving_Lunatic
Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
Lochage

Red Blue Green

« Reply #74 on: March 07, 2009, 07:11:13 PM »

I am getting antsy, but I do want to know all of these references.  I've had fun with everyone else trying to guess these.  I just happen to suck at it.  I've gotten a couple, but many I just scratch my head.  I thought it might be helpful to list only the references not solved yet.  So here you go:

Items left to solve (or verify):

PP56:  Crab Apple.  "Pseudopod, despite what you claimed to have seen, didn't show up on any of the cameras we had installed."
PP72:  Heavy Rains.  Shaun of the Dead OR Minder? : "Pseudopod is off down the Winchester."
PP74:  Tumble.  "Pseudopod, these are lungs." Mimic
PP75:  The Mill.  "Pseudopod wants to know where you'll be when the dieing starts."
PP83:  Heartstrung. Hot Fuzz OR Shaun of the Dead? "Pseudopod wants to know what the matter is, you've never taken a shortcut before?"
PP85:  Living in Sepia.  "Pseudopod is ready to tell you a secret."
PP90:  The Exhibition.  "Pseudopod knows you should never touch the body."
PP93:  The Land of Reeds.  "Pseudopod wants to know if it's possible that there are no coincidences."
PP95:  No Tomorrows.  "Pseudopod is talking to a plastic plant"
PP99.  Photo Finish.  "Pseudopod wants to know how you want to go out, on your feet or on your knees?"
PP101:  Homecoming.  "Pseudopod wants to know, if they made a movie about all of this, who would play you?" Se7en, i think
PP105:  Pattern Masters.  "Pseudopod, Pseudopod is kind of funny lookin'."
PP109:  In the Coils of the Serpent.  "Pseudopod would like you to start at the beginning to ensure you know nothing."
PP123:  Bone Sigh.  "Pseudopod would like to know if there's even a plan B." (My guess: Titan A.E)
PP127:  The Garden and the Mirror.  "Pseudopod looked in that room just a second ago and no one was there."

Latest correct answers:

PP65:  Doghead. The Prophecy: "Pseudopod told you a secret before you were born and then put its fingers against your mouth and went, "shhh!".
PP70:  Rapunzel's Room. Cloverfield: "Pseudopod saw it.  It's huge and it's not a bloody Lion!"

I didn't see a definitive answer for PP72 or PP83.

deflective
Hipparch

« Reply #75 on: March 07, 2009, 09:10:14 PM »

gonna suggest some stuff i wasn't sure about.

PP72:  Heavy Rains.  Shaun of the Dead: "Pseudopod is off down the Winchester."
this exact line wasn't used in Shaun of the dead, i haven't seen minder. this is more pseudopody

PP74:  Tumble. Mimic: "Pseudopod, these are lungs."
from MacArthurBug, sounds right to me

PP75:  The Mill. Pitch Black: "Pseudopod wants to know where you'll be when the dieing starts."
taken from: "I don't know truly what's gonna happen when the lights go out, Carolyn. But I do know once the dying starts, this little psycho-fuck family of ours is gonna rip itself apart."

PP83:  Heartstrung. Hot Fuzz: "Pseudopod wants to know what the matter is, you've never taken a shortcut before?"
from the fence jumping scene.

PP85:  Living in Sepia. Sixth Sense: "Pseudopod is ready to tell you a secret."
Zathras

PP90:  The Exhibition. Enemy of the State: "Pseudopod knows you should never touch the body."
MacArthurBug. sure, why not?

PP93:  The Land of Reeds. Signs: "Pseudopod wants to know if it's possible that there are no coincidences."
MacArthurBug

PP95:  No Tomorrows. The Happening: "Pseudopod is talking to a plastic plant"
MacArthurBug

PP99.  Photo Finish. The Kingdom: "Pseudopod wants to know how you want to go out, on your feet or on your knees?"
MacArthurBug

PP101:  Homecoming. Se7en: "Pseudopod wants to know, if they made a movie about all of this, who would play you?"
Raving_Lunatic

PP105:  Pattern Masters. Fargo: "Pseudopod, Pseudopod is kind of funny lookin'."
same scene as pp78: "Pseudopod would like to know:  Funny looking how?"

PP109:  In the Coils of the Serpent. The Usual Suspects: "Pseudopod would like you to start at the beginning to ensure you know nothing."
this line was never in the movie, just a shot in the dark

PP123:  Bone Sigh. Titan AE: "Pseudopod would like to know if there's even a plan B."
i trust you =)

we're gonna need to know what this quote actually is

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 04:45:54 PM by deflective » Logged
MacArthurBug
Giddy
Hipparch

« Reply #76 on: March 09, 2009, 10:56:08 AM »

I, personally am tapped out. I've suggested for everything I know, could guess, or could look up. Sad

Alasdair5000
Editor

« Reply #77 on: March 09, 2009, 03:06:17 PM »

And you've done intimidatingly well, good job:)
FamilyGuy
Matross

« Reply #78 on: March 09, 2009, 05:33:47 PM »

Was this from Terminator 2?

When will all the rhetorical questions end?
Bdoomed
Pseudopod Tiger

Mmm. Tiger.

« Reply #79 on: March 09, 2009, 07:37:19 PM »

Was this from Terminator 2?
i was thinking Transformers

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
  Print  

Jump to: