Author Topic: ZARGA III: "Good Al Hunting"  (Read 75736 times)

Zathras

on: February 06, 2009, 01:32:23 AM
The first person to post a complete list of Alasdair's pop culture references at the end of his outros will win a prize.  I don't know what yet.

I want the following format:

Episode X:  Name of Episode.  "Alasdair's quote"  what the pop culture reference was.

Ready...
Set...
Go!

EDIT::DON'T FORGET TO USE THE PROPER WARDS!!!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 01:36:17 AM by Zathras »

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2009, 01:57:26 AM
Okay Z- since Al drops pop culture references throughout quite a few of his outros I'm going to need clarity. Do you mean the end quote my example being the first one I could find: "Psudopod knows about the little girl you claim to have seen but she died years ago"  or do you mean ANY pop culture quotes/references made throughout the outro? 'Cause I'm all for hours of listening to Al outros for fun. After all it's not creepy if it's for a game.  Right?

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Zathras

Reply #2 on: February 06, 2009, 02:48:56 AM
I'm referring to the closing quotes.  But, if you want to go ahead and list all of his pop culture references... well, I think you need some help!   :D  Bonus for additional info.

I don't know if I can get the prize I want to give away for this.  I'll just say that I'd like to mimic Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2009, 03:35:31 AM
Ep:55 Dead Dog  Quote: "Where Psudopod is going, we don't need eyes!" Reference: Event Horizen
Ep:58 Among Their Bright Eyes  Quote: "And Psudopod was wondering weather you'd mind telling it- whose brain did you put in?" Reference:Young Frankenstein
ep:59 Fever Quote:"Psudopod wants you to look at that Zombie and see the hint of sadness in his eyes, like a drunk whose lost a bet" Reference:Shaun of the dead
ep62: Faith in Sips and Bites  Quote: "And Psudopod ain’t afraid of no Ghost"  Reference: Ghost Busters.

will add more later    ;)

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #4 on: February 06, 2009, 04:07:45 AM
ep 67: Memories of the Knackers Yard Quote:"and this isn't even Psudopods desk" Reference: Se7en
ep 68: Across the Darien Gap  Quote:"Psudopod Ain't got time to bleed" reference:Predator
ep 73: Blood, Gridlock, and PEZ  Quote: "Psudopod wants you to remember, the rabbits are us" reference:Donnie Darko

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #5 on: February 06, 2009, 02:25:56 PM
Extra note- I know I'm missing some, If noone else guesses the references I plan on putting up the quotes with a reference: ? beside it to see if anyone else knows. I've got a pretty good brain for pop culture trivia but there are some of these that have me stumped. Example: Psudopod is off down the Winchester.  I wish I were cool/smart enough to get this one but I'm totally not getting it. And Google was no help what so ever.

Poppydragon

• Peltast
Reply #6 on: February 06, 2009, 02:30:28 PM
Psudopod is off down the Winchester

Minder, TV series with Dennis Waterman & George Cole (Terry & Arthur Daley) the Winchester was the "club" that they drank at.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 02:32:19 PM by Poppydragon »

Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments - owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Russell Nash

Reply #7 on: February 06, 2009, 02:33:00 PM

Minder, TV series with Dennis Waterman & George Cole (Terry & Arthur Daley) the Winchester was the "club" that they drank at.

Wasn't that also the bar in Shaun of the Dead?

Zathras

Reply #8 on: February 06, 2009, 02:35:09 PM

Ha!  That's the main reason I picked this for a contest.  I know a lot of them, but some of them I missed.  If it takes too long and there are some that haven't been figured out, I might lend a hand.  I'm pretty sure all the ones I know are known by others.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #9 on: February 06, 2009, 04:55:38 PM
The title for this thread is perfect... just perfect!

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Russell Nash

Reply #10 on: February 06, 2009, 05:12:17 PM
The title for this thread is perfect... just perfect!

After we get him, I call dibs on the antlers.

Poppydragon

• Peltast
Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 05:25:26 PM

Wasn't that also the bar in Shaun of the Dead?

I think you're right.  Question then, is Al referencing Shaun of  the Dead referencing Minder or is it simply coincidence?

Man - despite his artistic pretensions, his sophistication, and his many accomplishments - owes his existence to a six inch layer of topsoil and the fact that it rains.

Russell Nash

Reply #12 on: February 06, 2009, 07:32:00 PM
ep110: Spurling's Virus - Pseudopod wants to know, is this going to be a standup fight or just another bug hunt? 

I believe this is from Aliens

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #13 on: February 06, 2009, 08:00:04 PM
ep 78 In a right and proper place  Quote: "Psudopod would like to know, funny lookin' how?" I believe this is from Fargo- but it's based on a google search not actual knowledge. Anyone else know?

ep 79: Ice  Quote: "Psudopod wants you to know, every species can smell it's own extenction"  Reference: Interview with a vampire

ep 80: Votary   Quote:"psudopod thinks you should get going because they mostly come out at night, mostly"  Reference: Aliens

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #14 on: February 06, 2009, 08:08:31 PM
I'm terrible at references. I don't know how Al does it :D.

But it would make me very happy if he were to do one along these lines:

"Pseudopod wants you to know that I'm not coming back"

which is a reference to Knives Out by radiohead  :P :P

yeah...

I need something relevant here.

Pseudopod wants you to know that the sky just caught fire. there's not going to be a lull.

Where's that from and what's the reference?

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #15 on: February 06, 2009, 08:16:28 PM
Not getting the reference- it makes my brain hurt because it sounds soo familiar.

Raving_Lunatic

• Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #16 on: February 06, 2009, 08:17:03 PM
Same. I just know I've heard it before.

And that single RH reference has opened up a torrent of them in my mind... i'll never be able to stop...

Pseudopod wants you to know that the appliances have gone beserk.
(Last Flowers)
Pseudopod floats down the liffey.
(How To Disappear Completely)
Pseudopod wants you to know that we've got it all here in Red Blue Green.
(Videotape)
Pseudopod wants you to know that there's nothing to fear and nothing to doubt.
(Pyramid Song)
Pseudopod is sick of its clock stopping, winding up...
(Obscure early version of No Surprises)

or al could just scream
"LIGHTEN UP! YOU TAKE THINGS TOO SERIUSLEEEEEEEEEE!"

this is trolling of the most despicable kind. I'll stop now. Feel free to hit me with sticks (eddie izzard reference)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2009, 08:40:52 PM by Raving_Lunatic »

Russell Nash

Reply #17 on: February 06, 2009, 09:51:56 PM
::Whacks R_L with Baseball bat::

I didn't have any sticks.

Raving_Lunatic

• Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #18 on: February 06, 2009, 09:57:51 PM
*collapses to the floor, twitching slightly*

"Quick... must... die... in... symbolic way..."
*carves the words "I'm not here, this isn't happening" into naked torso (i'm always naked for some reason)*
"Best... final act... ever..."

Russel Nash looks on, bewildered as police sirens blare in the background.

"For crying out loud! You can't arrest me! I'm a deity, so back off!"

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 09:59:52 PM
.. I need to find some sticks
if not for beating- then for poking twitching potential corpses with

Zathras

Reply #20 on: February 06, 2009, 10:02:44 PM
Talia!  What did you do with the chair?  There's whacking to be done!

Raving_Lunatic

• Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #21 on: February 06, 2009, 10:05:43 PM
I am now a hated boarder :dances:

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #22 on: February 07, 2009, 12:00:04 AM
ep 81: It's easy to make a sandwitch  Quote: "Psudopod is curious because there is no band and yet we hear a band" Reference: Mulholland Drive

ep 82: The Language of Crows Quote: "Psudopod wants to know How do you shoot the devil in the back? What if you miss?" Reference: The usual Suspects

ep 83: Heartstrung  Quote: "Psudopod wants to know what the matter is, you've never taken a short cut before?"   Is this from Hot Fuzz?

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
    • undercaffinated
Reply #23 on: February 07, 2009, 12:00:37 AM
and noooo I'm not a freakin' Trivia nut - not at alll

Poppydragon

• Peltast
Reply #24 on: February 07, 2009, 08:22:58 AM

ep 83: Heartstrung  Quote: "Psudopod wants to know what the matter is, you've never taken a short cut before?"   Is this from Hot Fuzz?

Shaun of the Dead again (just before going over the garden fences)