Author Topic: dollhouse DollHouse DOLLHOUSE  (Read 59742 times)

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #175 on: November 16, 2009, 07:28:30 PM
Well, he's got a proven history of putting out good shows. It would be sad if he did something bad and you couldn't admit it was bad, but thus far nothing he's done has really sucked.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #176 on: November 17, 2009, 12:25:14 AM
anyone following the dollhouse arg?

http://whedonesque.com/comments/22353 

WTFingF is that?  ???

I don't know if it was done to generate interest in the show to save it or what, but that link to whedonesque tends to cover much of what has been found.  Rossum has a web page and phone number, my understanding is if called you will get text messages and call backs, including the remote wiping tone (being in China without the ability to call overseas from my mobile I can't confirm), there are websites like ditchthetech.com and wipethefuture.com that are all part of an ARG.  it seems quite interesting, I wish I was able to be a bit more immersed in it. 

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #177 on: November 17, 2009, 04:06:44 AM

WTFingF is that?  ???

I don't know if it was done to generate interest in the show to save it or what, but that link to whedonesque tends to cover much of what has been found.  Rossum has a web page and phone number, my understanding is if called you will get text messages and call backs, including the remote wiping tone (being in China without the ability to call overseas from my mobile I can't confirm), there are websites like ditchthetech.com and wipethefuture.com that are all part of an ARG.  it seems quite interesting, I wish I was able to be a bit more immersed in it. 

I mean, I followed the link and I can't make a damn bit of sense out of what it links to.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #178 on: November 17, 2009, 04:16:35 AM

WTFingF is that?  ???

I mean, I followed the link and I can't make a damn bit of sense out of what it links to.

View page source, continue onto twitter.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
Reply #179 on: November 17, 2009, 04:22:31 AM

WTFingF is that?  ???

View page source, continue onto twitter.

some of the original sites have already updated to new content that won't link you to the further content in the ARG which is why i linked to what had been found rather than the original pages.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #180 on: November 17, 2009, 04:24:16 AM

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #181 on: November 17, 2009, 02:56:16 PM
Ah.  Screw it.  I don't care enough about Dollhouse or Whedon to dig deeper.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #182 on: December 07, 2009, 03:35:30 PM
OMFG that last episode with Topher imprinted into "Victor" was every kind of awesome!  The actor playing Victor nailed the part. ;D 

I'm finally starting to really like this show, just when it's about to be over.  :(

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #183 on: December 20, 2009, 05:52:12 AM
Okay, seriously, wotthehell?  ???

Past three weeks, FUX ran two episodes of Dollhouse back-to-back on its scheduled night.  And now, they're taking three weeks off.

Why teh FUCK wouldn't they just run single episodes for six weeks instead?

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #184 on: December 20, 2009, 06:46:59 AM

Past three weeks, FUX ran two episodes of Dollhouse back-to-back on its scheduled night.  And now, they're taking three weeks off.

Er, consult a calendar. Should have some text on the next two Fridays.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #185 on: December 27, 2009, 05:18:54 PM

Yeah, Christmas and New Year's day.  SFW?

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #186 on: December 28, 2009, 01:41:48 AM

Yeah, Christmas and New Year's day.  SFW?

So those days, being holidays, are regularly programmed differently than a usual day of the week. It would, in fact, be surprising if they weren't. New Year's day a bit less so than Christmas, but still, usually programmed differently. I understand being annoyed at a gap between episodes, but the apparent anger seems odd, as it's not exactly random. Ignoring Christmas in the programming schedule of a major network would be like a rocket scientist ignoring gravity when devising orbitals.

stePH

• Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
Reply #187 on: December 28, 2009, 03:18:14 AM
I understand being annoyed at a gap between episodes, but the apparent anger seems odd, as it's not exactly random.

Not anger as such, just a bit of a boggle.  Besides, that's only two weeks of holidays, and they ran three weeks of double episodes and are following it with three weeks off.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #188 on: December 28, 2009, 12:17:42 PM
I understand being annoyed at a gap between episodes, but the apparent anger seems odd, as it's not exactly random.

Not anger as such, just a bit of a boggle.  Besides, that's only two weeks of holidays, and they ran three weeks of double episodes and are following it with three weeks off.

The timing really isn't unusual, this is commonplace practice for TV shows. The only odd thing is the double episodes, and that's because the show was cancelled midway through the series, because Fox sucks.

I hate you, Fox.

Loz

• Lochage
    • Blah Flowers
Reply #189 on: December 30, 2009, 09:34:21 PM
I'm a bit behind so the latest episode I've seen is the one where Echo helps the Mexican woman to escape from prison and frankly, where Echo is now with the various different personalities coming to the fore as needed, this is where the program needed to be in the middle of the first season, not now when it's too late.

I also didn't recognise Summer Glau initially because I'm not used to her having that much dialogue.

But there is some elements of characters being reduced to vessels to move plot around, probably due to imminent cancellation, such as Topher and Adelle's wildly inconsistent levels of care for the dolls they send out to whore in the world for them, Topher helpfully making plans for a machine that will allow anyone to imprint into anyone else at any time and then Adelle backstabbing him by passing the plans to the people who have just demoted and demeaned her.

Heradel

• Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #190 on: January 30, 2010, 09:03:39 AM
Under the circumstances, it ended well — and Whedonesque.