Author Topic: Pseudopod 129: Bottle Babies  (Read 17438 times)

cuddlebug

• Peltast
Reply #25 on: April 06, 2009, 10:07:17 AM
A fantastic story, right up my alley. I have known of plenty of parents that keep their children in bottles, though they are not made of glass. One of my top three in a year of listening.

Totally agree, great story and really well read.

And Brent, you are so right, I am still kept in a bottle. and trust me I tried getting out, I moved to a different country and thought that should do it, but I as wrong. These bottles are really strong.

jalan

• Extern
Reply #26 on: April 07, 2009, 11:59:22 PM
EEEK!  WHOA!  YES!

Russell Nash

Reply #27 on: June 11, 2009, 12:28:26 PM
Ever since I became a parent, stories like this have had a greater affect on me than they did before.  Damn parenting instinct!

Anyway,  it was a good solid story.  I was freaked out from the first mention of the bottle, and stayed that way until the end.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 02:04:04 AM
This one just didn't do anything for me.  It was merely a series of bizarre events, not a story as such.  I didn't get it.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #29 on: August 19, 2009, 07:57:52 PM
Wow!  Probably my #2 Pseudopod story so far (listening to them in reverse order to get caught up on the backlog)

Bonsai children!  Creepy!  And all that much more scarier because I can imagine some parent out there actually doing this!

The story was great and the narration equally so.  Good show!

I was confused about the time period this was taking place, and at the beginning I got the impression that in this world the bottle was a socially accepted treatment, so I wasn't sure if it was just an f-ed up society or just very f-ed up parents.  As someone else pointed out, because of the Studebaker and the lack of 911 knowledge, it's probably older, but it would have been nice to get that info in the story much earlier.

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #30 on: June 24, 2010, 10:00:46 PM
Note: I have not listened to the whole thing yet, so I will reserve judgment until it's over, but... that was a great couple of opening sentences.  I'm old-school and my attention has to be grabbed right away, and they did it.  We'll see how the rest goes...

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.

ElectricPaladin

• Hipparch
  • Holy Robot
    • Burning Zeppelin Experience
Reply #31 on: June 24, 2010, 10:09:04 PM
After listening to this story, I shouted "faeries save us!" at random several times a day for about a week, greatly annoying my fiance.

Captain of the Burning Zeppelin Experience.

Help my kids get the educational supplies they need at my Donor's Choose page.

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #32 on: June 24, 2010, 10:59:25 PM
I thought this story was pretty solid.  An interesting blend of bizarre almost sci-fi horror (the bottles) with the old-fashioned idea of faeries.  It had a great start, but sometimes I really started to wonder just what the relationship between the bottle and the faeries were.  At times, the two threads seemed to have nothing to do with eachother.

But I did like it, maybe not as enthusiastically as others, but it was good.

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.

Marlboro

• Matross
Reply #33 on: December 20, 2019, 05:20:42 PM
Weird, weird, weird...and I liked it. 

I thought the narration was very good, but with one little problem: mouth pops. You know what I'm talking about? It's when you can hear the reader's saliva in their mouth. A weird thing to complain about but it drives me nuts.