Author Topic: ZARGA IV trailer  (Read 13168 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: February 25, 2009, 05:27:50 PM
It has lurked on the forum for years, emerging from murky recesses of obscurity when beckoned by The Fear.  It was beaten back in the clash of the 300-word flash contest.  Its limerick was thwarted in the opening salvos of the first ZARGA.  Its opportunity to strike was denied by the hunt for good old Al.  Even its own gender has been questioned.  The time for waiting is almost over.  Soon its power will be unleashed.  Are you prepared for…Swamp’s Revenge?

ZARGA IV is coming soon to a forum thread near you.  140-character stories will be submitted to and posted by Zathras, judged by Swamp, and will then go head-to-head in a top ten poll.  The ultimate winner will be decided by the entire EA forums.  Get your science fiction, fantasy, and horror stories ready.

Stories must be 140 characters or less.  This includes spaces and punctuation; however, you do not need to include a double space between sentences.  Titles are not allowed.  A maximim of 3 submissions per participant will be accepted.  For examples for 140-charcter stories, visit Thaumatrope.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 05:50:53 PM by Swamp »

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2009, 05:30:16 PM
Do we get extra points for including Zathras and Swamp as characters?

Zathras

Reply #2 on: February 25, 2009, 06:03:23 PM
You might want to just use Z instead of Zathras.

Of course, ZARGA IV can't start until we finish ZARGA III.  So let's get cracking!

Raving_Lunatic

• Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 06:05:41 PM
It has lurked on the forum for years, emerging from murky recesses of obscurity when beckoned by The Fear.  It was beaten back in the clash of the 300-word flash contest.  Its limerick was thwarted in the opening salvos of the first ZARGA.  Its opportunity to strike was denied by the hunt for good old Al.  Even its own gender has been questioned.  The time for waiting is almost over.  Soon its power will be unleashed.  Are you prepared for…Swamp’s Revenge?

ZARGA IV is coming soon to a forum thread near you.  140-character stories will be submitted to and posted by Zathras, judged by Swamp, and will then go head-to-head in a top ten poll.  The ultimate winner will be decided by the entire EA forums.  Get your science fiction, fantasy, and horror stories ready.

Stories must be 140 characters or less.  This includes spaces and punctuation; however, you do not need to include a double space between sentences.  Titles are not allowed.  A maximim of 3 submissions per participant will be accepted.  For examples for 140-charcter stories, visit Thaumatrope.
everyone has got

the fear
it's holding on

it's holding on

Zathras

Reply #4 on: February 25, 2009, 06:33:01 PM
Lunatic, NO SUBMISSIONS YET!  No line breaks, either.  Submissions will be sent to me and I will post them.

I did stumble upon another trailer here.

Swamp

• Hipparch
Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 06:40:55 PM
It has lurked on the forum for years, emerging from murky recesses of obscurity when beckoned by The Fear

everyone has got

the fear
it's holding on

it's holding on

Lunatic, NO SUBMISSIONS YET!  No line breaks, either.  Submissions will be sent to me and I will post them.

That's just Lunatic singing some Radiohead.

Raving_Lunatic

• Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 08:06:37 PM
Swamp, have I ever told you that you reek of awesome  :-*

sorry zathras, it's a terrible habit. My friends all get really p***sed off when I start singing midconversation. Then they hit me with bricks.

Swamp

• Hipparch
Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:11:39 PM

I did stumble upon another trailer here.

Has anyone else been able to see this video that Zathras built.  It stops after 25 or so seconds for my.  Hopefully I'm the only one who's having trouble

Zathras

Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 11:05:04 PM
I just tried it.  It stalled on me, but then I backed it up about 5 seconds or so and restarted it.  It finished then.

Swamp

• Hipparch
Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 08:11:00 PM
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

(for your own sakes, go finish ZARGA III)

Zathras

Reply #10 on: March 13, 2009, 10:43:14 PM
ZARGA IV starts April 1, 2009.  Seems fitting, somehow.  We need to finish ZARGA III by then.