Escape Artists
October 18, 2018, 11:58:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EP190: Origin Story  (Read 8188 times)
Void Munashii
Matross

twitter.com/VOIDMunashii

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2009, 10:04:20 AM »

I loved this story, even though the fact that brother had become a villain was evident early on it still managed to surprise me a bit when it got to the whole I-was-erased-from-history-and-now-I-can't-die bit.
  As has already been said by othersm the story made me think of the progression of superheroes (I was thinking particularly of Batman) from the idealism of the golden age up to the dark grittiness of today. Really really good stuff.

Oh, and Skullcrusher was a great song to play with it; it's one of my and Osaka's favourite Rock Band songs. Rock Band needs more Coulton.

"Mallville - A Journal of the Zombie Apocalypse"
http://mallvillestory.blogspot.com
CGFxColONeill
Matross

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2009, 11:07:06 AM »

very interesting story imo... not sure what it is with Pratt but he is an excellent author and has written several of my ep favorites

Overconfidence - Before you attempt to beat the odds, be sure you could survive the odds beating you.

I am not sure if Life is passing me by or running me over
Hatton
Peltast

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »

A good listen with a twist ending I didn't expect.

Normal is just a setting on the washing machine.
Loz
Lochage

« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2009, 12:52:33 PM »

I enjoyed that, I thought it was a nice twist on the whole 'heroin addicted jazz-critic who isn't radioactive' school of superhero deconstruction, Superman becomes Wolverine becomes Cable but then pulls back and is generally a decent guy, it's his brother that's the arsehole, even if he has what he feels are good reasons. Almost makes me want to ask for a sequel.
DarkKnightJRK
Peltast

« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2009, 06:43:41 PM »

I had an idea that the main character would become the villain the second I looked at the info and saw that "Skullcrush Mountain" was playing afterwards. Still, I loved the hell out of it--it was a very strong take on how the superhero has involved and the characters seem very interesting. Like someone else mentioned, it makes me want to hear/read a sequel.
stePH
Actually has enough cowbell.
Hipparch

Cool story, bro!

« Reply #25 on: March 27, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »

(Just saw the [Watchmen] movie today, BTW.  It was...okay.)

This is still the least-favorable review I've yet heard for the film.

I hope I get a job soon, so I can go see it.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising
rowshack
Extern

« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2009, 01:32:13 AM »

after listening to I had to call my big brother to remind him of a skateboard there was some question of ownership about 15 years ago. My time will come.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2009, 01:34:11 AM by rowshack » Logged
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2010, 12:01:27 PM »

I liked this one!  Yet another great Pratt story, yet more reason why he's one of my favorite authors (I've got an interview with him coming up in Fantasy Magazine, woohoo!).

This was an example of a good title.  At first it seemed straightforward, the origin story of his brother, but it became his own origin story and I liked that twist.  The idea that he can't die because he isn't supposed to exist is an interesting one, all the more support for the universe being a glitchy computer program.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: