Author Topic: Converts to the cause  (Read 4341 times)

Raving_Lunatic

• Radiohead Addict (please, do not encourage this)
  • Lochage
  • Red Blue Green
on: March 09, 2009, 04:56:41 PM
How many people have you converted to PP (or EP or PC for that matter) and how?

I sent my friend and mp3 of the first white street society and he's been hooked ever since. I love converting people to like things I like (control freak alert), I remember I got my parents into radiohead and was happy all week, but that's off the topic. I have converted three people to regular PP listeners- my brother (who's maybe just a tad young, so I do filter what he gets), and two of my friends. How's about you?

FamilyGuy

• Matross
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2009, 10:39:42 PM
My wife, children (filter episodes for them), and various and sundry nieces and nephews.  Pretty much the group that went to the Jonathan Coulton concert with me. 

My coworkers are into NASCAR and WWE and their eyes start to glaze over when I talk about SFF.   ;)

When will all the rhetorical questions end?

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #2 on: March 21, 2009, 03:12:15 PM
Thus far: I've convreted My daughter. The rest of my (regular and extended) family refuses to be tech savy enough to enjoy it. I keep trying, but I am also around people whose eyes glaze when SFF (or heck, any type of story) comes up.  This sorta sucks, but I'll keep trying.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

Mister Freign

• Extern
  • Hungry Flower
Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 08:20:31 AM
I tie people up and make them listen to it while I grind keys.  It's a hobby.

If they criticize it - like the guy that said Ben Phillips sounds like Christian Slater on downers - I cut them into little pieces, lightly wok, and feed these to the more grateful people that swear they love it, love it, love it. 

Strangely enough, the longer episodes are really popular over here.  That's fine with me.  I'm very patient.

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #4 on: July 28, 2009, 08:59:48 AM
For myself, I've raved about PP to anyone who will listen, and tweeted often about PP in general and fave eps. For me, the PP 'casts have a consistently higher quality in both content and narrators than either of the other EA 'casts.

Understand, please: I'm not saying EP and PC are crap, far from it. It's just that PP almost always delights.