Author Topic: Whither Escape Pod Classic?  (Read 3033 times)

Hilary Moon Murphy

• Palmer
  • Proving the inherent superiority of purple hair
on: May 08, 2009, 04:31:53 AM
Hey Steve --

I'm doing a road trip with my kids to WisCon on Memorial Day Weekend, and was hoping to download a bunch of family-friendly stories that we could all listen to in the car.  I seem to recall that you had Escape Pod Classic, a feed that had the g-rated (or PG, but maybe not too intense?) stories. 

So I went looking for Escape Pod Classic.  But the link on the front page takes me to Pseudopod.  Do you know how I can get hold of the stories formerly in Escape Pod Classic?  I know all about Squonk, but would not mind other material as well.  We've got ten hours of commute ahead of us, and I'd love to have part of it covered by your stories.

Thanks so much!

Hmm

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 04:39:26 AM
I think it fell by the wayside at some point. However, until someone revives it, you can use the blog's Rated PG and Rated G tags to cut down on the episodes to get.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Russell Nash

Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 02:28:43 PM
Then you can sign up to the feed from EscapeArchive and download the episodes you want.

Hilary Moon Murphy

• Palmer
  • Proving the inherent superiority of purple hair
Reply #3 on: May 26, 2009, 02:27:52 AM
Thanks so much!

You guys made my commute to and from Wiscon very, very enjoyable.  I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed episode 115: Conversations With and About My Electric Toothbrush.  It was one of the funniest things I've listened to, and I really, really wanted that toothbrush.  It was just wonderful!

The other G rated stories were lots of fun too.

I am so happy that the Escape Artist story feeds exist, because they are a great way to enjoy short fiction.

Hugs,

Hmm