Author Topic: The Pseudopod Autopsy: Eight-Legged Freaks  (Read 6690 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: April 30, 2009, 04:44:44 AM
The Pseudopod Autopsy: Eight-Legged Freaks

Small towns have the worst luck. For fifty years they’ve been beseiged by martians, carniverous slugs, tunnelling prehistoric worms, vampires and most terrifying of all, B-movies. So if you live in a small town with a storied past and eccentric inhabitants beware. Because your town may be about to fall victim to…the Eight! Legged! Freaks!

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 11:58:27 AM
This was released as Arac Attack in the States.  Totally B-Movie stuff, but funny as can be.  I loved this film.

Sgarre1

• Editor
  • "Let There Be Fright!"
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 12:44:06 PM
IIRC this was *filmed* as ARAC ATTACK but not released under that title - it certainly played here in the U.S. as EIGHT-LEGGED FREAKS, as I can remember the trailer very well (no desire to see the movie).  ARAC ATTACK was scuppered as the title by the, yes, war in Iraq.

Russell Nash

Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 01:08:41 PM
Oops my bad.  I was already in Germany by then.  I saw it here as Arac Attacks.  Still funny though.

MacArthurBug

• Giddy
  • Hipparch
  • I can resist anything except temptation
    • undercaffinated
Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 06:23:24 PM
This was a truly excellent movie- tounge firmly in cheek.

Oh, great and mighty Alasdair, Orator Maleficent, He of the Silvered Tongue, guide this humble fangirl past jumping up and down and squeeing upon hearing the greatness of Thy voice.
Oh mighty Mur the Magnificent. I am not worthy.

DarkKnightJRK

• Peltast
Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 05:59:58 AM
IIRC this was *filmed* as ARAC ATTACK but not released under that title - it certainly played here in the U.S. as EIGHT-LEGGED FREAKS, as I can remember the trailer very well (no desire to see the movie).  ARAC ATTACK was scuppered as the title by the, yes, war in Iraq.

Yeah--one of the things I instantly remembered after seeing this pop on the feed is the part of the commercial where David Arquete is standing on some tower thing, taking out the giant spiders with a shotgun, and screaming "Get away you EIGHT-LEGGED FREAKS!" and the title pops up as soon as he says it.

Yeah, it's a pretty fun b-movie--just good enough for you to give a damn about the characters and story, while still making it funny as hell. I think Slither did a better job though, if not just for having Nathan Fillion in it.