Author Topic: Blogging a novel: The Voyage of the Blue Oriole  (Read 5169 times)

Captain Marsh

• Extern
on: May 12, 2009, 01:10:03 AM
I've been a professional write (journalism mostly) for decades, but never managed to finish a novel.  Fantasy and sci-fi have always been my genre of choice. 

Lately, I've begun writing chapters as daily blog entries.  My rules:  1.  Keep each chapter short and essentially self-contained (the "blog" part).  2.  No rewriting.  (I do occasionally tweak something small to polish continuity, etc.)

The idea is to create a kind of serial that will prevent me from bogging down in endless, navel-gazing rewrites. 

(My hope is that the arc of the story will eventually be "done" enough that I can gather it all up, do some polishing and editing, and submit it somewhere.)

I'd love for anyone with a free moment to check it out and give me feedback. 

One irritating thing is that the story appears on the website in reverse order -- the latest chapter at the top.  So you'll have to scroll down and start with chapter one...

www.blueoriole.blogspot.com/

Best,

Captain Marsh

Listener

• Hipparch
  • I place things in locations which later elude me.
    • Various and Sundry Items of Interest
Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 03:23:50 PM
I believe on Wordpress you can reverse the order or at the very least tell the system what entries go at the top.

"Farts are a hug you can smell." -Wil Wheaton

Blog || Quote Blog ||  Written and Audio Work || Twitter: @listener42