Author Topic: Groups 1-4 close on February 1!  (Read 7860 times)

SFEley

• Hipparch
    • Escape Artists, Inc.
on: January 26, 2007, 04:52:27 PM
Short explanation: so we can post a semifinal round to choose the best 3 stories from Groups 1-4.

Full explanation: see the revised rules.

I simply used the "Close poll in X days" feature of the bulletin board, so the actual time of closings is semi-arbitrary -- it'll be just before noon, EST.  The important thing is that the closing time is known and stated at the top of each poll, so you know exactly how long you have to vote (or change your vote).

From here on in, polls will close 7 days after the posting of every fourth group.  Does that make sense?  Any questions?

(...And man, is this contest gonna take a long time for judging to complete.  But I really couldn't think of a better way, short of posting all the stories at once and letting 'em overwhelm people.)

ESCAPE POD - The Science Fiction Podcast Magazine

Thaurismunths

• High Priest of TCoRN
  • Hipparch
  • Praise N-sh, for it is right and good!
Reply #1 on: January 26, 2007, 05:12:33 PM
(...And man, is this contest gonna take a long time for judging to complete.  But I really couldn't think of a better way, short of posting all the stories at once and letting 'em overwhelm people.)

I'm a big fan of bribery myself.

How do you fight a bully that can un-make history?

Shaun Farrell

• Extern
    • Adventures in Scifi Publishing
Reply #2 on: January 27, 2007, 08:45:19 PM
From here on in, polls will close 7 days after the posting of every fourth group.  Does that make sense?  Any questions?

Sounds like the submission quantity is pretty massive. Thanks for putting in so much time to fasciliate this contest, Steve. It's a lot of fun, though I'm sure it's added many hours to your schedule!

This month at the Adventures in Scifi Publishing podcast: John Ringo and Keith R.A. DeCandido. And coming soon: David Webber and James Van Pelt. www.adventuresinscifipublishing.blogspot.com

GoodDamon

• Lochage
    • Speculations - My writing blog
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 10:51:14 PM
Are groups 5-8 going into a poll today?

Damon Kaswell: Reader, writer, and arithmetic-er