Author Topic: Quite possibly the best example of sci fi becoming reality...  (Read 2530 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
http://www.ted.com/talks/pattie_maes_demos_the_sixth_sense.html

she did not start off her presentation well in my opinion, and i thought she was talking bullshit crazy stuff until she started introducing the device.

it will be a great great day when this finally comes out into the market.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Sandikal

• Matross
That is so freakin' cool. 

thomasowenm

• Lochage
  • Servant of The Orator Maleficent
It has potential, but not quite for me.  I am always on the hind quarters of technological acceptance I just recently upgragded from pong to pac man.  (What a difference).  I can see many uses for abuse and just as many benefits. 

Once it becomes implantable who knows where this tech could go, maybe we could implant a control chip into pets or kids and robotically manipulate them. 

A policeman or any clever hacker being able to pull up any info on a person by facial recognition.  The possibilites could really be limitless.

On a different vein TED.com is an awesome site.  There are several interesting talks that have been given at the TED convention over the years, and many are just amazing. 

Such as Juan Enriquez discussing the basis of future economics.

And Dan Ariely talking about decision making.

There are many more,  some contain a lot of hippy banter but there is also a  lot of tech and future design info there. 

Thanks Bdoomed for such a cool site.

oddpod

• Matross
ace :)

card carying dislexic and  gramatical revolushonery

birdless

• Lochage
  • Five is right out.
That's pretty cool!!

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Freaking amazing!  I would've expected it to be larger.

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan