Author Topic: Pseudopod 200 or who you would like to hear  (Read 6603 times)

lowky

• Hipparch
  • from http://lovecraftismissing.com/?page_id=3142
on: July 04, 2009, 12:28:40 AM
On the Interview thread it was asked who you would like to hear for Psuedopod 200.

Well for Pseudopod 100 we had H.P. Lovecraft so I would like some more weird fiction or the like, more Lovecraft, or maybe some of Howard's horror/lovecraftian stuff, or some Algernon Blackwood ( Lovecraft declares Blackwood's "The Willows" to be the single best piece of weird fiction ever written) 

Zathras

Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 01:32:48 AM
I'd like more of the Book Detective.  Maybe we could get some before episode 200.

Other than that, I dunno.  I don't follow horror the way I follow Sci Fi. 

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 01:44:43 AM
I'd like more of the Book Detective.  Maybe we could get some before episode 200.

Other than that, I dunno.  I don't follow horror the way I follow Sci Fi. 

And I am the opposite, i want that horror.  Even most of the Sci-fi I like needs the horror elements.  Alien(s), Event Horizon, etc. 

Zathras

Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 03:13:26 PM
I enjoy horror, Lowky.  I just don't know as much about the genre.  I know what I like when I hear it or read it, but that's about it.  Most horror movies bore me.  I think the science fiction horror movies are probably my favorites. 

The whole Cthulu mythos?  Meh.  (I know, whack me with the chair now.)

I think I'd like to hear 4 shorter stories.  Include one by Poe, one by a newer author and I don't know about the other 2.

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 12:45:58 AM
I enjoy horror, Lowky.  I just don't know as much about the genre.  I know what I like when I hear it or read it, but that's about it.  Most horror movies bore me.  I think the science fiction horror movies are probably my favorites. 

The whole Cthulu mythos?  Meh.  (I know, whack me with the chair now.)

Whack

I think I'd like to hear 4 shorter stories.  Include one by Poe, one by a newer author and I don't know about the other 2.
I would love to hear some Poe too.  I wouldn't even object to horrific poetry(Subject matter not horribly bad poetry  ;) ), such as The Raven, or Lovecraft's The Fungi from Yuggoth.

And that's a great idea too, 4 shorter stories as PP #200. 

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 02:47:41 AM
if we're throwing around big names i'd like to hear Clive Barker.  in college, my two big horror authors were Barker & Lovecraft.  Lovecraft does a good job of capturing the vast strangeness of our galaxy but has crap characters and Barker really evokes the horror of the human condition but overall villains are usually mundane.  later, once i got my head out of my ass and started giving pop culture authors a chance to stand on their own merits, i also added Stephen King to my favourites.

i'd like to hear one solid story unless there's a way to link several smaller stories into a narrative.  if you do go with several flash fiction pieces then Barker's down, satan! is particularly strong.  it's being made into a movie though so the rights probably aren't available.

blech, another Barker movie.  they're so, so bad.  nothings that's even ok since the first hellraiser.

Zathras

Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 04:09:47 AM
You know, a Creepshow style narrative linking some stories might be cool. 

As to reader's, it's far too late, but Vincent Price was one of the greatest voice actors of all time.  I don't know if any clips of him can be used, but that would rawk, too.

lowky

• Hipparch
Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 01:16:16 PM
You know, a Creepshow style narrative linking some stories might be cool. 

As to reader's, it's far too late, but Vincent Price was one of the greatest voice actors of all time.  I don't know if any clips of him can be used, but that would rawk, too.

Or Boris Karloff.  I remember fondly recordings of him

Album: "Tales of the Frightened, Vol 1" (Mercury, 1963)

Album: "Tales of the Frightened, Vol. 2" (Mercury, 1963)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #8 on: June 24, 2010, 08:00:19 PM
Antici...

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #9 on: June 24, 2010, 09:57:32 PM
H.P. Lovecraft's "The Statement of Randolph Carter."  That one simply begs to be read aloud.

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.