Author Topic: Borderlands Reading, San Francisco, July 23, 7pm -- Pratt, Swirsky, Kaftan  (Read 3047 times)

Rachel Swirsky

• Hipparch
    • PodCastle
I'm going to be giving a reading on July 23rd at 7pm at Borderlands bookstore in San Francisco. Along with me, there will be Tim Pratt, who PodCastle readers will remember from "Cup and Table," "Bottom Feeding," "Komodo," and the recent "Captain Fantasy and the Secret Masters." Vylar Kaftan will also be there. She's been featured on PodCastle with "Galatea," "Scar Stories," and "Through the Cooking Glass," as well as Pseudopod's recent episode, "Break the Vessel."

Along with us, there will be two other readers there, who to my knowledge have not yet been featured on Escape Artists -- Pat Murphy and Amelia Beamer.

Here’s the event listing from Borderlands (http://www.borderlands-books.com):

Clarion West reading with Amelia Beamer, Vylar Kaftan, Pat Murphy, Tim Pratt, and Rachel Swirsky, Thursday, July 23rd at 7:00 pm - In honor of 25 consecutive years of the Clarion West Writers Workshop, Borderlands Bookstore will be featuring a special Clarion West reading on July 23rd. Clarion West is a non-profit literary organization that administers the Clarion West Writers Workshop, an intensive six-week workshop for writers preparing for professional careers in science fiction and fantasy, held annually in Seattle, Washington, USA. The readers for this special event consist of former students of the workshop: Amelia Beamer, Vylar Kaftan, Pat Murphy, Tim Pratt, and Rachel Swirsky.

I hope to see some of you there!