Escape Artists

News:

News

ATTENTION: NEW FORUM THEME Please see here for details: http://forum.escapeartists.net/index.php?topic=13188.0

Author Topic: Pseudopod 141: Flash on the Borderlands I  (Read 14468 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #20 on: August 11, 2009, 02:15:13 PM
I won't go into the reasons, but one of these 3 I could empathize with.

You shit out little brown babies on a regular basis?  I thought I was the only one.  ;D

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 08:32:43 PM
The first story was cool once I realized it wasn't just some guy over-obsessing about IBS.  And, because it involves an activity I do on a (fairly) regular basis regardless of what else is going on in my life, this one has returned to my mind many a time.  Sort of like after I read Stephen King's Dreamcatcher and it made me a little nervous whenever I had to use the toilet.

The second story was interesting, though I wasn't really swept up by it.  The most interesting bit, as someone else pointed out, was that the end of the world came with everyone giving up in their own way, not with panic in the streets.

The third story was very good, and particularly well-read--Alasdair, you rock!  This one really used the speculative element to an amazing degree to tie together werewolves and pedophiles in a way I would never have considered.  Well done!