Author Topic: Lost Comments?  (Read 4843 times)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
on: August 28, 2009, 01:51:20 PM
I see the comments are disabled now, as the meta-cast promised.  The reasons for that make sense, no problems.

But it seems the past comments can't even be accessed.  Are they lost forever?  I'm going back and catching up on all the Pseudopod stories I've missed and was enjoying reading the comments people left there, even if I can't leave comments there myself.

Russell Nash

Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 02:21:15 PM
I just went there myself and the comments are still there.  When you get to the listing of the stories click the title of the story and it will take you to the page with the comments.

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 07:38:52 PM
I just went there myself and the comments are still there.  When you get to the listing of the stories click the title of the story and it will take you to the page with the comments.

Ah, yes you're correct.  The way I'd usually gone to the comments before was to click on "7 comments" (or whatever), and that has been replaced with "Discuss on Forum".  Thanks!

Russell Nash

Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 07:41:43 PM
I'm here to help

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 04:21:16 AM
Took me a second to find that, too.  I was initially quite dismayed.  I thought for a second that maybe the blog comment threads had been migrated to the forums, but eventually my slow self figured out the trick.

Here's one I haven't gotten yet; is there a link to click on while "in" a story to go back to the "main" page?  The big box at the top is the usual place for the "Home" link, but Pseudopod doesn't seem to work that way...

Russell Nash

Reply #5 on: August 29, 2009, 08:58:03 AM
I just us the back button in the browser

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #6 on: August 29, 2009, 09:46:21 AM
But then I'd see an OLD page.  Ew!

Russell Nash

Reply #7 on: August 30, 2009, 01:47:41 PM
But displayed with ALL NEW electrons.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #8 on: August 30, 2009, 05:35:08 PM
well if matter can't be created or destroyed, they are actually incredibly ridiculously old electrons...

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Russell Nash

Reply #9 on: August 30, 2009, 05:40:27 PM
well if matter can't be created or destroyed, they are actually incredibly ridiculously old electrons...

You are obviously not a believer in my teaching of the rebirth of an electron.  In short each time an electron separates from an atom it is reborn.  It has a chance to relive its life and to relive it better than before.