Author Topic: The Best of Star Ship Sofa  (Read 9888 times)

Darwinist

• Hipparch
Reply #25 on: September 15, 2009, 04:05:55 AM
Looking forward to SSS's 100th episode and will be buying the book.  Wouldn't mind hearing Tony C. Smith back on EP sometime, either.   

For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.    -  Carl Sagan

Praxis

Reply #26 on: September 15, 2009, 01:18:44 PM
speaking of which, no one should have any fear of being banned because of speaking out against the mods.

Yay!!

you need only fear the banhammer if you spam or directly insult someone.

Awww.....

What about insulting one of the Mods?  They can take it, they've got banhammers and everything.

Russell Nash

Reply #27 on: September 15, 2009, 05:10:09 PM
speaking of which, no one should have any fear of being banned because of speaking out against the mods.

Yay!!

you need only fear the banhammer if you spam or directly insult someone.

Awww.....

What about insulting one of the Mods?  They can take it, they've got banhammers and everything.

Beware, we can also change your title.

Praxis

Reply #28 on: September 15, 2009, 06:21:22 PM
Beware, we can also change your title.

I don't see how.  It was gotten via a miracle, Steve said.
How would a Mod have any way to interfere with that, eh?

Anyway, I'm sure we are not ruled by such capricious Overminds in these forums, what would mind a bit of insulting from mere mortals.

Jason M

Reply #29 on: September 15, 2009, 09:45:10 PM
thou who shalt disobey the Word of N-sh shall be smitten in His name.

Russell wasn't completely out of line, it just seemed way out of line for one word.
Wow

i think without that or the first line for that matter this wouldn't have seemed that bad.
this did belong in the writing boards rather than the science fiction discussion boards.

It doesn't do much for your argument when you compare moderators on private sites to government censors. Last I checked, Russell doesn't wield the hammer of the law.
no, but we do have a pretty impressive banhammer. :P

speaking of which, no one should have any fear of being banned because of speaking out against the mods.  you need only fear the banhammer if you spam or directly insult someone.  there's a difference between challenging opinion/moderation and insulting a moderator, or anyone else for that matter.  All we really want is for everyone to be polite... and spam-free.

Me likey

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #30 on: September 16, 2009, 01:23:57 AM

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

izzardfan

Reply #31 on: September 16, 2009, 07:02:19 AM
this did belong in the writing boards rather than the science fiction discussion boards.

Then why hasn't a mod moved it?

<batting eyelashes prettily to avoid being hit with the banhammer>   ;)

Russell Nash

Reply #32 on: September 16, 2009, 08:06:38 AM

Then why hasn't a mod moved it?

<batting eyelashes prettily to avoid being hit with the banhammer>   ;)

I don't necessarily agree that this was on the wrong board.  SSS putting out a book belongs here.  Talia would have put it here if Larry hadn't beat her to it.  It was all about tone and informing the newbies about the seriousness of our spam response.

600south

• Palmer
Reply #33 on: September 22, 2009, 10:15:20 AM
I never saw the spam angle; probably because I'm a regular StarShipSofa listener and Larry is well known there.
But I do notice that SSS promotes Escape Pod on a regular basis, and this is rarely reciprocated. So it's good to see them getting a plug in the forums, at least.

Now I think of it, Larry would make a great Pseudopod narrator. He could narrate Thomas the Tank Engine and make it sound scary.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 11:10:38 AM by 600south »