Author Topic: Pseudopod 159: Reservation Monsters  (Read 13199 times)

Jim Bihyeh

• Palmer
  • It is the Tale. And the Teller.
Reply #25 on: June 29, 2010, 05:12:39 PM
I assumed he was Coyote, just following his trickster nature - that is to say, he gives the boy what he needs to solve the immediate problem, but the choice the boy makes after solving that problem (implied homicide) and its reprecussions (jail time, possible death sentence) will probably be a much bigger problem for him in the future.  That Coyote, always stirring up trouble!

Yeah, the Drifter's features were very reminscient of Coyote - gleaming teeth, wide smile...I think Bihyeh might have even said it was a smile like a coyote or something like that. Even the way he sat for some reason reminded me of Coyote (although I dig the interpretation Russell and stePH came up with).

I recall a description of him that involved a coyote that cemented that for me. This was a deliberate turn of phrase and a hint. Plus the implied supernatural nature of him knowing things he shouldn't be able to know. I think based on the author's silence to this line of question cements that this interpretation is correct :)

The monster was fantastic.

I would be satisfied if Jim Bihyeh's stuff became something of a serial. And big thumbs up to Jim for hanging around these parts to chat with folks.

Thanks for the kudos. I really have enjoyed the group interaction on the forum, so I always keep my ear to the soil. I look forward to these stories finally coming together to form a serial. I have two left to write, and then we'll see what happens.

Take care, and thanks for reading!

The way you walked was thorny, through no fault of your own. But as the rain enters the soil, the river enters the sea...