Author Topic: Pseudopod 160: Got Milk?  (Read 18892 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #25 on: September 26, 2009, 02:48:24 AM
eew. just... eeew!

Russell Nash

Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 05:44:56 PM
I seriously have to talk to Ben about the TMI banning rule.

AliceNred

• Peltast
Reply #27 on: September 29, 2009, 04:44:21 AM
I know that many disagree with me, but... I did not care for the ending.

I kept on hoping for something dark to come and all I got was black milk and man covered with nipples. It maybe that because  I am female and have gotten milk from nipples before is not scary. Admittily if black milk  came out tomorrow it would scary. The big C.

That said, people having dinner and drinking black milk is not scary to me. At best creepy but not in a horror kind of way.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 12:59:17 PM by AliceNred »

Stop throwing gnomes at me. They hurt.

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #28 on: September 29, 2009, 05:44:16 AM
i just listened...
eeew.
and funny.
but eeew.

great reading o'course.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #29 on: September 29, 2009, 10:58:48 AM
also: eeeeeeeeeeeeewww!!!

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #30 on: September 29, 2009, 04:23:50 PM
I know that many disagree with me, but... I did not care for the ending.

I kept on hoping for something dark to come and all I got was black milk and man covered with nipples. It maybe that because  I am female and have gotten milk from nipples before is not scary. Admittily if black milk  came out tomorrow it would scary. The big C.

That said, people having dinner and drinking black milk is not scary to me. At best creepy but not in a horror kind of way.

The dark part, for me, was that the milk was addictive, and robbed the disciples of their free will.

AliceNred

• Peltast
Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 02:04:08 AM
Your right of course about their free will be gone, but it still lacked impact for me. I wanted something more.

Stop throwing gnomes at me. They hurt.

m_bey

• Extern
Reply #32 on: October 12, 2009, 09:25:25 PM
I don't see how this was categorized as a "horror" story. Breastfeeding is perfectly natural and life-affirming. If the hero of this story wants to feed his minion-children in public it's his right.

Cerebrilith

• Palmer
Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 02:33:35 PM
This one left me flat.  It was gross sure, but not disturbing.  Like when a dog messes the carpet.  It's unpleasant but it's not going to give me nightmares.

jalan

• Extern
Reply #34 on: November 02, 2009, 05:07:23 AM
HA!  Shit.   Male lactation=horror.  Yes, agree with alice that this wonderful story would have been made more wonderful with a better payoff.  Anything really.  Even some sort of parasite bursting out would have been better.  But still, 2 thumbs up for some damn good pacing and a weird ass idea executed mighty fine.

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #35 on: June 07, 2010, 08:26:03 PM
This was a gross idea (which I liked), but that's all it was.  It did not get around to building much of a plot, or tension or have much of a payoff at the end.  It was interesting, but lacked the rocket-fuel to make it great.

I agree with the others' sentiments: our narrator seemed to rush a bit.  Made some parts difficult to understand.

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.