Author Topic: Norm Sherman co-hosting Escape Pod (or is it Mr. Nunez?)  (Read 19504 times)

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Re: Norm Sherman co-hosting Escape Pod (or is it Mr. Nunez?)
« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2009, 06:47:30 AM »
Can we kill or lock this thread please?

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2009, 09:56:05 AM »

FASCIST!  Help, I'm being repressed!  ;)
"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2009, 11:27:58 AM »
why?
i mean yeah it's getting kinda redundant here, but... i dunno...
I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Talia

• Muahahahaha
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2009, 01:13:02 PM »
why?
i mean yeah it's getting kinda redundant here, but... i dunno...

Because the subject has been addressed in the most recent EP outro, and really nothing further needs to be said about it, I think. Its getting kind of weird and uncomfortable.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2009, 04:03:57 PM »
I think you're right.  This thread has served it's purpose and not much is gained by its going on and on.  As a closing thought, I'll end it with the comments from Steve Eley in the aforementioned outro of EP224:

There’s been a fair amount of talk on the forums lately about the hosting changes at Escape Pod, and whither Steve, and voices raised for and against Norm Sherman.  I’m kind of torn on commenting on it at all since I fell like my opinion shouldn’t automatically carry more weight that yours or anyone else’s, but at the same time, we don’t want to give the impression that nobody’s listening.

First of all, I’m not disappearing.  I am scaling back, that’s obvious; and there are reasons on my end why that’s a good thing.  But if I wanted to stop, I’d just stop, and I wouldn’t be saying this right now. 

As far as Norm goes, I like his intros.  I think he’s great.  I laughed out loud about the substitute teacher bit.  Although if there are any naked photos of me online, I have no official comment, and if you go searching for them, don’t tell me.

Any change in personalities in a show or publication is going to have some transition, some adjustment.  The reason we asked Norm to fill this role is because he has personality.  I decided consciously I’d much prefer someone who brings a different style than to risk our presentation having no style.  Framing matters. And yet, you can love Norm or hate him.  I can’t tell you you should feel any differently than you do, but, in the big picture, we’re all here for the stories.  Certainly, I’m here for the stories.  And no matter who’s talking at you in the front or back, a good story is what we really care about brining you.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 04:07:04 PM by Swamp »
Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast