Poll

Which tagline is your favorite

Escape Artists: SF in three different flavors
Escape Artists: We will, we will pod you.
Escape Artists: Hot Aural Text
Escape Artists: Have Fun!
Escape Artists: Trap them between your ears
None of the above/Other

Author Topic: Escape Artitsts Tagline Contest FINAL ROUND  (Read 15726 times)

Jason M

on: September 27, 2009, 03:56:54 PM
Pick one and only one for this poll.  If you absolutely do not like any of them then vote None of the above/Other.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 04:11:27 PM
I voted none of the above, but then again I didn't send in a tagline for this one to begin.  I suppose if SF stands for Speculation Fiction then the first one is a good one; however Speculative Fiction should be spelled out or people will assume SF = Science Fiction, and then the tagline wouldn't represent the full spectrum of the podcasts.

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 04:35:07 PM
I voted none of the above, but then again I didn't send in a tagline for this one to begin.  I suppose if SF stands for Speculation Fiction then the first one is a good one; however Speculative Fiction should be spelled out or people will assume SF = Science Fiction, and then the tagline wouldn't represent the full spectrum of the podcasts.

Ditto. None of them are bad per se, but I think the old ones here will have trouble picking because they're in search of perfect tagline. Maybe if we could submit tweaks?

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 04:45:08 PM

ea is getting a logo soon, it'd be best to match the classic look.
something along the lines of decoder ring theater's: your address... to adventure!

Jason M

Reply #4 on: September 28, 2009, 04:51:53 PM
Yeah, I've seen some of the artwork.

I say tweak away.  There's nothing wrong with scrapping the current entries and starting over.  I'd rather get a good tagline.  You can feel free to publicly submit entries in this thread as well.

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 04:36:29 AM
i feel kinda bad for coming in after the fact but i didn't really start thinking until i saw the other entries and riffed on ideas.  since this category doesn't have a lot entries this isn't so bad.

when i think of escape artists two main parts come to mind.  first, a return to a pure form of story telling; all of us grew up with television and printed stories, the traditional aural method of telling a story has been all but unknown.  second is that this is a more inclusive way to publish stories.  we don't have the same sort of line dividing artist and audience common in recent media.  listener, writer, reader, forumite, choose what you like.

the classical feeling could be captured with something explicit, like from camp fire to copper wire, or implied with a paraphrased classical quote, eg wander our way for a story this day.  the inclusive part can be represented with collective pronouns, we have something to share, or engage with a question, who has a story to tell?

or the two could be combined, from camp fire to copper wire, what's next?  something like that.

i also came up with one for psuedopod (easily the funnest to tagline): tongue in ear unease.  the field over there is too crowded for late entries but i wanted to share the creepy sensation of putting in earbuds to hear Alasdair.

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 07:43:10 PM
So should we start a new round of submissions for Escape Artists as a whole since the individual podcasts have been decided?

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

deflective

• Hipparch
Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 08:22:47 PM
if a new round is created i'd like to add: camp fire to worldwide wire

Jason M

Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 02:29:03 PM
So should we start a new round of submissions for Escape Artists as a whole since the individual podcasts have been decided?

If so, make sure to get the submission email changed.

Ben Phillips

• Lich King
  • Matross
    • Pseudopod
Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 07:11:48 PM
Just to be clear -- I'm declaring this one dead until we actually have a use for an EA tagline.  Thanks for the submissions, but the clear winner was "none of the above", so we'll just let it lie.

acpracht

• EA Staff
Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 01:27:15 AM
Have fun!

Just as a tribute to Mr. Eley, who I miss.