Author Topic: Pseudopod 010: Turista  (Read 3447 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
on: October 08, 2009, 01:26:11 AM
Pseudopod 010: Turista

By Joel Arnold
Read by Jason Adams

” - the chicken or maybe the chocolate. Could’ve been the chocolate. Wasn’t wrapped. That’s not a good sign. That’s never a good sign.”

Portman wondered how long she had been talking. He had given up responding to her conversations earlier in the evening, shortly before the sun had finished stretching long shadows across the highway like dirty taffy. It took too much effort to talk. Too much energy to respond. He sensed that China knew this, and felt maybe she was talking to him to keep herself awake. Sometimes he was thankful for her voice, and other times it was unbearable.

He took another weak sip of water. It felt like a dull knife jabbing him in the guts. But he was dehydrated. He needed more. He took a deep breath, raised the jug to his lips and poured it down his throat. When the water hit his stomach, it was like an explosion of glass. He fell to his side gasping for air, wheezing, trying to hold the water down. The thing in his stomach -

Listen to this week's Pseudopod.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

kibitzer

• Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
  • Hipparch
  • Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 07:57:43 AM
I liked this one. It did feel kinda derivative but there's nothing wrong with covering old ground it it's done well. For me, it was.

Millenium_King

• Lochage
    • Ankor Sabat
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2010, 10:34:48 PM
Eh.  A pretty by-the-numbers monster story.  The creature wasn't even very original (Alien anyone?).  The opening half plodded along - consisting of only backstory and exposition.  Not much else to say, really.

Visit my blog atop the black ziggurat of Ankor Sabat, including my list of Top 10 Pseudopod episodes.

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 12:34:10 PM
The creature wasn't even very original (Alien anyone?).

Reminded me more directly of the tequila worm from Poltergeist. Great tension in that scene, with the repeated almost drinking it and proper lighting. I want to watch that movie again, but I fear the visuals have not aged well.

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”