Author Topic: EP033: Santa In My Pocket  (Read 6478 times)

Swamp

• Hipparch
    • Journey Into... podcast
on: October 11, 2009, 11:19:17 PM
EP033: Santa In My Pocket

By Mur Lafferty.
Read by Anna Eley.

When I was a kid, I believed it all, like that old wive’s tale that animals would be granted the gift of speech for one hour on Christmas Eve. I tested that out by keeping my cat locked up in my room with me all night. She never spoke, but she did piss in the corner, since she couldn’t get to her litter box. So she still told me a magical Christmas message, loud and clear.

Rated R.  Contains profanity, sexual situations, and criminal intent. Merry Christmas!

Listen to this week’s Escape Pod!

Facehuggers don't have heads!

Come with me and Journey Into... another fun podcast

monkeystuff

• Palmer
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 03:08:39 AM
Yay, another good christmas story.  When i realized how horrible of a person that girl was, I was happy to see santa smite her :) 

I mean really, you get the opportunity to slow down time and all you do is steal your neighbors stuff...   all i can say is  SHAME, and thats pretty much what mini santa said  :P

justice may only be obtained where there is a lack of injustice

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:58:46 PM
I was really enjoying the story until...  At 11 minutes the recording switched from Anna Eley reading Mur's story about the woman who stole Santa, and switched over to Steven Eley reading about ocular implants and celebrity lookalike clones (or something).  I skipped ahead at intervals and it sounds like it never returns to the Santa story. 

It sounds like monkeystuff heard the whole Santa story--did anyone else have this problem?  Might this be remedied by a fresh download perhaps?

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 08:40:08 PM
I didn't have a problem when I worked through the archives.  Try downloading again, I suppose; it's either that or somehow something got mucked up during a more recent story upload.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 11:09:18 PM
I was really enjoying the story until...  At 11 minutes the recording switched from Anna Eley reading Mur's story about the woman who stole Santa, and switched over to Steven Eley reading about ocular implants and celebrity lookalike clones (or something).  I skipped ahead at intervals and it sounds like it never returns to the Santa story. 

It sounds like monkeystuff heard the whole Santa story--did anyone else have this problem?  Might this be remedied by a fresh download perhaps?

It's probably just your computer.  I've had hard drive issues that scrambled media files before, with pieces ending up in other files at random.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #5 on: January 17, 2010, 11:10:56 PM
Okay I'll redownload it, I definitely want to hear how it ends.  Thanks!

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 02:43:06 PM
I deleted and redownloaded it and I still get the conjoined partial stories.  If someone else has a few minutes to spare, would you mind downloading a fresh copy and fast forward past 11 minutes to see if it's still the right story or if it switches to Steve reading something totally unrelated?

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #7 on: January 21, 2010, 12:32:21 AM
I don't know about in the feed, but on the site both the on site mp3 player and the 'download' link work just fine.  I guess just listen to it there.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 05:43:44 PM
Finally figured out how to get iTunes to update the new version correctly!  Even when I deleted the old one and replaced it completely with a new uncorrupted one, it wasn't working.  In the end I had to:
1.  Delete the file from iTunes.
2.  sync iPod (so that it would delete the old version from the iPod)
3.  Add the file back into iTunes.
4.  sync iPod again

If I didn't do step #2, then it wouldn't recognize the change and would just leave the corrupted version on there.

So anyway, it's loaded up, but I haven't listened to it yet.  I'll be back to comment on it once I have.  :)

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #9 on: January 27, 2010, 05:48:55 PM
Okay, finally gave it a listen.  This one was fun, and exactly what I would expect from Mur's sense of humor.  I found it a little mind-boggling that stealing from her neighbors and screwing around with her ex was really the only thing she could think of while in a time bubble, but that's okay, it was kind of the point.