Escape Artists
April 26, 2018, 11:44:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EP247: Bridesicle  (Read 29180 times)
mccicecream
Extern

« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2010, 11:14:17 AM »

Hi, I listen to Escape Pod and Podcastle regularly, but rarely make it to the discussion forums. I had to for this story though to say how much I liked it! I was hooked right from the beginning and the narration was clear and easy to understand. 

Just a really great story, and totally terrifying at the same time!

thanks!
ceruleangrave
Extern

« Reply #61 on: August 14, 2010, 06:14:19 PM »

I really REALLY enjoyed this story. I thought the idea of "hitching" was both fascinating and horrifying. Loved the love story and the reunion in the end.
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »

Hi, I listen to Escape Pod and Podcastle regularly, but rarely make it to the discussion forums. I had to for this story though to say how much I liked it! I was hooked right from the beginning and the narration was clear and easy to understand. 

Just a really great story, and totally terrifying at the same time!

thanks!

Let me just say that it's very nice when people like a story enough for it to motivate them to come share on the forum.  Sometimes it seems like all the first-time commenters are along the lines of "I like most the stuff on this podcast, but god I hated this one so much I was motivated to register and tell y'all."  Those tend to make me a little sad that complaints can be a stronger compulsion than praise. 

So, welcome!  Smiley
Maqz
Extern

« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2010, 01:41:11 PM »

This is the winner, or should be.  Eerily compelling.
Heradel
Bill Peters, EP Assistant
Hipparch

Part-Time Psychopomp.

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2010, 08:49:00 AM »

As of some ungodly hour, in the continent gone topsy-turvy, this won the Hugo for Best Short Story. Other winners here (Congrats to Clarkesworld, Girl Genius, and StarShipSofa!): http://www.thehugoawards.org/

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.
Lionman
Peltast

Next time, I'll just let sleeping dogs lie.

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2010, 02:40:53 PM »

I think my question about this story would be: So, what happens to the 'until parted by death' line in the wedding vows?  This would seem to make that...an easy means for divorce?

And the idea of hitchers made me feel a little creepy.  Now you really ARE having conversation with people in your head!

Failure is an event, not a person.
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #66 on: September 07, 2010, 08:28:07 AM »

Heck yeah!  The last few years I've been able to predict the winner, and the trend continues.  Smiley
kibitzer
Purveyor of Unsolicited Opinions
Hipparch

Kibitzer: A meddler who offers unwanted advice

« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2010, 09:55:07 PM »

As of some ungodly hour, in the continent gone topsy-turvy, this won the Hugo for Best Short Story. Other winners here (Congrats to Clarkesworld, Girl Genius, and StarShipSofa!): http://www.thehugoawards.org/

Y'all are the ones upside down.

LaShawn
Lochage

Writer Mommies Rule!

« Reply #68 on: September 23, 2010, 10:35:47 AM »

Just got around to listening to this. Wow. This story absolutely chilled me to the bone. I'm actually glad it did have a happy ending--if it didn't, I think I would've been messed up for the rest of the month. What a freaky, freaky story. No wonder it won a Hugo.

--
Visit LaShawn at The Cafe in the Woods:
http://tbonecafe.wordpress.com
Another writer's antiblog: In Touch With Yours Truly
Bunchberry
Extern

« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2010, 02:09:27 PM »

This was a wonderful story.  The blend of fear, tension, love, and regrette and un-regretted past actions was perfect.  I look forward to more from this author.
luka datas
« Reply #70 on: December 16, 2012, 07:33:13 AM »

well told
Wilson Fowlie
Hipparch

« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2013, 10:58:34 AM »

If you enjoyed this story, you might be interested to know that McIntosh has expanded it into a novel called Love Minus Eighty.

He talks about the book here.

"People commonly use the word 'procrastination' to describe what they do on the Internet. It seems to me too mild to describe what's happening as merely not-doing-work. We don't call it procrastination when someone gets drunk instead of working." - Paul Graham
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #72 on: June 14, 2013, 08:40:18 AM »

If you enjoyed this story, you might be interested to know that McIntosh has expanded it into a novel called Love Minus Eighty.

Cool! Thanks for posting the link.
DKT
Friendly Neighborhood
Hipparch

PodCastle is my Co-Pilot

« Reply #73 on: June 17, 2013, 11:02:27 AM »

Super excited about this! Just grabbed the audiobook Smiley

matweller
EA Staff

« Reply #74 on: June 17, 2013, 11:15:41 AM »

Agreed. I got some Amazon credit for Father's Day, so this one's likely to be heading to my Kindle shortly. Looks like the author owes you two, Mr. Fowlie.
Kaa
Hipparch

Trusst in me, jusst in me.

« Reply #75 on: June 17, 2013, 11:25:52 AM »

Looks like the author owes you two, Mr. Fowlie.

Three. Smiley

I invent imaginary people and make them have conversations in my head. I also write.

About writing || About Atheism and Skepticism (mostly) || About Everything Else
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: