Author Topic: Unblinking Appreciation  (Read 4095 times)

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
on: October 23, 2009, 08:07:25 PM
I gotta say, it's been a ton of fun watching you go through all of PP, reminding me of all the stories and conversations and things, contributing, and making them new and interesting again. Thanks.

Looking forward to when you tackle PC or EP!

Scattercat

• Caution:
  • Hipparch
  • Amateur wordsmith
    • Mirrorshards
Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 11:55:54 PM
Sigh.

I did the same thing... on the blogs, when I didn't know about the forums.  I finished up PP just about the same day all the podcasts stopped allowing blog comments.  Bad timing, I suppose. 

I've been scared away from doing it on the forums because of that "Are you SURE you want to thread-necro!?!?" message that pops up.  I've never seen one of those before, and it's unnerving.  (Also, a lot of the times I was really really annoyed by something, it turned out someone in the thread had already covered that point.)

Fenrix

• Curmudgeonly Co-Editor of PseudoPod
  • Editor
  • I always lock the door when I creep by daylight.
Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 11:16:37 PM
I've been scared away from doing it on the forums because of that "Are you SURE you want to thread-necro!?!?" message that pops up.  I've never seen one of those before, and it's unnerving.

If necromancy for the purpose of the appreciation of art is not permitted here, where can it be?

All cat stories start with this statement: “My mother, who was the first cat, told me this...”

DKT

• Friendly Neighborhood
  • Hipparch
  • PodCastle is my Co-Pilot
    • Psalms & Hymns & Spiritual Noir
Reply #3 on: October 27, 2009, 03:28:40 PM
I've been scared away from doing it on the forums because of that "Are you SURE you want to thread-necro!?!?" message that pops up.  I've never seen one of those before, and it's unnerving.

Bah. We'd rather hear your thoughts than not hear them. Pay no mind to the thread-necro warning!  :)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 10:06:48 PM

Bah. We'd rather hear your thoughts than not hear them. Pay no mind to the thread-necro warning!  :)
though I do form angry mobs for every necromancer we find.

okay so when I originally typed that it came out as: though i do form lynch mobs for every necro we find.
horrible right? also completely unintentional

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 09:16:36 PM
I gotta say, it's been a ton of fun watching you go through all of PP, reminding me of all the stories and conversations and things, contributing, and making them new and interesting again. Thanks.

Looking forward to when you tackle PC or EP!

Thanks!  Glad to know that you're enjoying it.  I'd worried at first that the threadomancy would annoy people, but then I went ahead and did it anyway--I'm like that.   ;D

I actually just found this thread today, I'd been a little behind on commenting so I hadn't wandered out of the episode threads for quite a while.

Now I'm on to Podcastle!  It'll be harder for them to impress me after the high bar set by Pseudopod, that's for sure!

Unblinking

• Sir Postsalot
  • Hipparch
    • Diabolical Plots
Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 09:17:54 PM

though I do form angry mobs for every necromancer we find.

okay so when I originally typed that it came out as: though i do form lynch mobs for every necro we find.
horrible right? also completely unintentional

Ha!  I didn't even get it on the first read.  No wonder you almost missed it.