Author Topic: RadioADD locations  (Read 2895 times)

seani

• Extern
on: October 30, 2009, 10:47:38 AM
Hi,

A bit OT for a first post - please kick into the right place if required.

I'm working my way through some of the earlier podcasts, and a teaser for the Radio A.D.D. podcast is included at the end of one of them.

I like what I heard - random ambient sound at a single hearing - but the podcase itself and any archives seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Does anyone have any links or clues I can follow up?

As a separate OT question, does anyone have recommendations for hardware MP3 players that have a play-this-track-and-only-this-track mode that doesn't involve messing around with playlists that contain a single track, or sticking a single track into it's own directory?

Even the mighty RockBox falls at this hurdle.

Thanks

Sean

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:04:03 PM
Hmmm, should Go in the podcast pendantry forum, but I'm on my iPhone now so I can't fix that now :P

anyway, I have to double check when I get my iPod back (getting it fixed) but I believe (and you might wanna try this on your current mp3 player too) that if you have the iPod on shuffle while playing a podcast, that it doesn't automatically go to the next episode, rather it jsut stops.

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

seani

• Extern
Reply #2 on: October 31, 2009, 10:47:06 AM
Hmmm, should Go in the podcast pendantry forum, but I'm on my iPhone now so I can't fix that now :P

anyway, I have to double check when I get my iPod back (getting it fixed) but I believe (and you might wanna try this on your current mp3 player too) that if you have the iPod on shuffle while playing a podcast, that it doesn't automatically go to the next episode, rather it jsut stops.

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have a 16Gb iPhone, but don't like iTunes and find podcast management on it clumsy and counter-intuitive. Also I tend to fall asleep listening to the player and rolling around on it would be a bit risky.

However I have a Sansa C240 with RockBox and, after searching their forums again, see there's a mode that works almost exactly as I want. I'd seen it before but got one of the steps wrong (pressed "pause" instead of full-on "stop" - made all the difference).

jalan

• Extern
Reply #3 on: November 02, 2009, 04:51:37 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I actually have a 16Gb iPhone, but don't like iTunes and find podcast management on it clumsy and counter-intuitive. Also I tend to fall asleep listening to the player and rolling around on it would be a bit risky.

However I have a Sansa C240 with RockBox and, after searching their forums again, see there's a mode that works almost exactly as I want. I'd seen it before but got one of the steps wrong (pressed "pause" instead of full-on "stop" - made all the difference).

seems clumsy to me.  But glad that at least the help forums for your device could help in figuring it out.