Escape Artists
September 19, 2017, 10:24:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Big download of all past episodes  (Read 2455 times)
affert
Extern

« on: November 13, 2009, 01:07:06 PM »

Hi Everyone,

First off, hurray for PodCastle.  I love the show, and am going back through the past episodes.  Which brings me to my question: is there a way to go through and automatically download all past episodes?  The iTunes store only has the past 39 or so.  I would like to avoid clicking through all the different pages to download them manually.  (Yeah, I'm lazy if I can be).  So here's my question: is there anywhere I can download all of them automatically?

If not, I'll just go through and get them manually, but figured I can't be the first nor will I be the last person to find this after the earlier ones have passed off the end of the iTunes list.
Unblinking
Sir Postsalot
Hipparch

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 04:10:28 PM »

I did them the old fashioned way, directly downloading them all from the Pseudopod site itself.  But I'm computer illiterate enough that the brute force approach was just simply the easiest way to figure out, so it's probably not the best way.
Heradel
Bill Peters, EP Assistant
Hipparch

Part-Time Psychopomp.

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 04:52:19 PM »

Going through the website is the best way for now, at some point we'll probably create a torrent of old episodes like exists for the other podcasts, but we haven't yet.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.
stePH
Actually has enough cowbell.
Hipparch

Cool story, bro!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2009, 11:25:18 AM »

I did them the old fashioned way, directly downloading them all from the Pseudopod site itself.  But I'm computer illiterate enough that the brute force approach was just simply the easiest way to figure out, so it's probably not the best way.

Wow, the Pseudopod site has all the past Podcastle episodes?  Well, some of them have been pretty horrible.  Grin

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising
affert
Extern

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 09:12:10 PM »

Going through the website is the best way for now, at some point we'll probably create a torrent of old episodes like exists for the other podcasts, but we haven't yet.

Any news on getting a torrent of old episodes?  (yeah, it's been a really long time since I've been to the forums)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: