Author Topic: Favorite character in SFF  (Read 13565 times)

Bdoomed

• Pseudopod Tiger
  • Mmm. Tiger.
Reply #25 on: January 14, 2010, 05:25:27 PM
I loathe pretty much everything Joss Whedon has ever done.

Does not compute.

'Firefly' was the mostest bestest evar, and I will beat you with a wet noodle if you disagree. ;)
Firefly was awesome.  However I think Cowboy Bebop did it better :P

I'd like to hear my options, so I could weigh them, what do you say?
Five pounds?  Six pounds? Seven pounds?

Zorag

• Matross
  • Well, kiss my...
    • Beef Beer And Poker
Reply #26 on: January 14, 2010, 06:21:58 PM
'Firefly' was the mostest bestest evar, and I will beat you with a wet noodle if you disagree. ;)

I disagree.  Bring it.  :-*

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Farscape was better than Firefly.  Given more time, Firefly probably would have ended up being better, but they didn't get their time, and they had to cram everything into a movie.

B5 is still tops in my book.

Come say hi over at the Beef Beer And Poker forum.

Talia

• Muahahahaha
Reply #27 on: January 14, 2010, 08:59:33 PM

I disagree.  Bring it.  :-*

*brings it*

I bet you're sorry now!!

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #28 on: January 14, 2010, 09:37:42 PM
I can't believe I'm saying this, but Farscape was better than Firefly.  Given more time, Firefly probably would have ended up being better, but they didn't get their time, and they had to cram everything into a movie.

I agree with this psot.

Apparently Whedon needs a couple of years to really get his groove.  I've only started liking Dollhouse since about a month ago (couldn't really tell you why I kept at it the past couple of years... nothing better to do, I guess.)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 09:39:41 PM by stePH »

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #29 on: January 15, 2010, 01:53:08 AM

I agree with this psot.

Apparently Whedon needs a couple of years to really get his groove.  I've only started liking Dollhouse since about a month ago (couldn't really tell you why I kept at it the past couple of years... nothing better to do, I guess.)

For what we got of Firefly versus the first half of the first season of Farscape... Firefly wins (It may even win against the first half of the first season of B5). Attempting to compare the series to longer ones that were fleshed out and had plotlines driven through to their conclusions isn't useful.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

Zorag

• Matross
  • Well, kiss my...
    • Beef Beer And Poker
Reply #30 on: January 15, 2010, 04:14:27 AM
Comparing the first half season of B5 and Firefly isn't exactly a fair comparison, either.  B5 broke the mold, they were doing something new.  Straight up comparing the 2 in a vacuum, the first half season of Firefly is better.  But even I will admit that B5 Season 1 had some real stinkers.

Come say hi over at the Beef Beer And Poker forum.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #31 on: January 15, 2010, 02:57:57 PM
... I think Cowboy Bebop did it better :P

And first.

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising