Author Topic: Narrators wanted?  (Read 6580 times)

Zathras

on: April 21, 2009, 12:05:31 PM
I have some books that I would like to have in audio format.  There currently are not audio versions of them.  I am thinking of having someone read and record them for me. 

Now, what I'd really like to do is get a sample of the reading and contact the author about putting out the audio book.  Basically, I'd be hooking up the audio talent with the publisher.  I'd do this for free copies of the audio books. 

I have no previous dealings in this area, so any pointers would be appreciated.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 03:16:31 PM
I have some books that I would like to have in audio format.  There currently are not audio versions of them.  I am thinking of having someone read and record them for me. 

Now, what I'd really like to do is get a sample of the reading and contact the author about putting out the audio book.  Basically, I'd be hooking up the audio talent with the publisher.  I'd do this for free copies of the audio books. 

A couple of years back I started to record my own Cyteen (C.J. Cherryh) audiobook.  I scrapped the work due to too many plosives in the recording when I played it back; I've since made a working pop filter but haven't had the time to restart.  But I did get a copy of the first disc to the author, and received back the message "I love it."

(I know this isn't really an answer but wotthehell.)

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Mike Boris

• Extern
    • MikeBorisAudio
Reply #2 on: December 15, 2009, 02:32:17 PM
Most of the narrators on EscapePod and StarShipSofa, myself included, have links to their personal websites.  Drop a note to the narrator of your choice and ask.  I can safely say that we like to read out loud and would love to talk to you about a gig.

Mike Boris
www.MikeBorisAudio.com

LarrySantoro

• Extern
    • Bluffton in the Driftless
Reply #3 on: December 30, 2009, 03:04:07 PM

You can check me out on this site:  I did Eugie Foster's "Sinner, Baker, Fabulist Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast.  It's Episode 214. 

You can also hear me read my own novella, "Lord Dickens's Declaration" over at the StarShipSofa.com.  You can contact me through the StarShip: http://www.starshipsofa.com/

I look forward to hearing from you.

Larry Santoro

Lawrence Santoro -- writer/director
Larry@LarrySantoro.com
Come blog with me: 
http://blufftoninthedriftless.blogspot.com
"…at once diabolical and redemptive, as all great works of dark tale-tellin