Escape Artists
July 15, 2019, 07:36:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The final group of the Podcastle Flash Fiction contest is live! Voting lasts through July 13th.

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pseudopod Story of 2006  (Read 11934 times)
DKT
Friendly Neighborhood
Hipparch

PodCastle is my Co-Pilot

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2007, 05:18:07 PM »

If we were voting only on the best job at reading, then I think Regis St. George would win hands down.

I have to disagree.  "Bag Man" was a great story, but it was the telling that really made it.  And if you don't agree then I'm going to whisk your brains.  Wink

Ditto this. I thought Bag Man was awesome. But there was something about the way Ben read it (and the way he reads most of the stories) that just rocks. He does the neo-noir thing quite well (I'm also thinking of What Dead People are Supposed to Do and Medicinal). 

Regis St. George was good, but the way Mur read "Lisa Lisa Lisa" was so perfect -- I'm almost certain I wouldn't have enjoyed reading that story as much as I enjoyed to listening to it.

Alasdair5000
Editor

« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2007, 10:51:06 AM »

If we were voting only on the best job at reading, then I think Regis St. George would win hands down.

I have to disagree.  "Bag Man" was a great story, but it was the telling that really made it.  And if you don't agree then I'm going to whisk your brains.  Wink

Ditto this. I thought Bag Man was awesome. But there was something about the way Ben read it (and the way he reads most of the stories) that just rocks. He does the neo-noir thing quite well (I'm also thinking of What Dead People are Supposed to Do and Medicinal). 

Regis St. George was good, but the way Mur read "Lisa Lisa Lisa" was so perfect -- I'm almost certain I wouldn't have enjoyed reading that story as much as I enjoyed to listening to it.

With you a hundred percent there.  Mur's delivery on 'Regis St George' nailed the humour behind the story for me, the idea that this demon was terrifying but, at the same time...a bit crap.  As a result, the horror and the eventual reveal both work really well.
   And Ben's reading on 'What Dead People Are Supposed To Do' is one of the reasons why it's a favourite:)  There's something incredibly sweet about the narrator in that story that Ben absolutely brings across.  I can't listen to '...SKY DIVING!' without cracking up even now.
DKT
Friendly Neighborhood
Hipparch

PodCastle is my Co-Pilot

« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2007, 12:07:37 PM »

Or the stripper bit.  "And I'm pretty sure at least one of the dancers is a zombie, too."  God, that story makes me laugh. 

Alasdair5000
Editor

« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2007, 04:38:41 AM »

Oh I liked that bit too:)  I'm going to have go listen to the story again now.
Pages: 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: