Author Topic: The Lost Episode  (Read 3033 times)

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
on: January 09, 2010, 04:10:36 PM
What happened to Podcastle Episode 61?

I was just going through my folder to determine what episodes I need to download again, as when I reinstalled MediaMonkey I forgot to tell it to keep PC episodes even after they'd been listened to.  Everything between 62 and 69 (July 21 to September 9) is gone; I'm working on downloading those again.

But there's another gap: I see no evidence that there ever was an episode 61!  Here's the complete set of last July's episodes:

7/3: PC Miniature 34: The Orange
7/9: PC 60: The Evolution of Trickster Stories among the Dogs of North Park after the Change
7/10: PC Miniature 35: Loose Drawers
7/15: PC Giant 4: Captain Fantasy and the Secret Masters
7/21: PC 62: The Fiddler of Bayou Teche
7/24: PC Miniature 36: To-Do List
7/29: PC 63: Daughter of Botu

This seems to indicate that "Captain Fantasy" is really PC61, even though I remember a conversation with Heradel saying that the Giants have their own numbering.  But the most recent episode "PC 85, Giant Episode: The Narcomancer" seems to indicate differently.

[edit] initially posted "This seems to indicate that 'Captain Fantasy' is really PC63"; error still shows in Heradel's quote.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 07:41:44 PM by stePH »

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising

Heradel

• Bill Peters, EP Assistant
  • Hipparch
  • Part-Time Psychopomp.
Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 06:37:08 PM
What happened to Podcastle Episode 61?

I was just going through my folder to determine what episodes I need to download again, as when I reinstalled MediaMonkey I forgot to tell it to keep PC episodes even after they'd been listened to.  Everything between 62 and 69 (July 21 to September 9) is gone; I'm working on downloading those again.

But there's another gap: I see no evidence that there ever was an episode 61!  Here's the complete set of last July's episodes:

7/3: PC Miniature 34: The Orange
7/9: PC 60: The Evolution of Trickster Stories among the Dogs of North Park after the Change
7/10: PC Miniature 35: Loose Drawers
7/15: PC Giant 4: Captain Fantasy and the Secret Masters
7/21: PC 62: The Fiddler of Bayou Teche
7/24: PC Miniature 36: To-Do List
7/29: PC 63: Daughter of Botu

This seems to indicate that "Captain Fantasy" is really PC63, even though I remember a conversation with Heradel saying that the Giants have their own numbering.  But the most recent episode "PC 85, Giant Episode: The Narcomancer" seems to indicate differently.

The numbering system with the Giant's has been a bit inconsistent. But as the Giants are released in the same weekly episode slot, I think internally Captain Fantasy takes the 61 slot.

I Twitter. I also occasionally blog on the Escape Pod blog, which if you're here you shouldn't have much trouble finding.

stePH

• Actually has enough cowbell.
  • Hipparch
  • Cool story, bro!
    • Thetatr0n on SoundCloud
Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:42:59 PM
The numbering system with the Giant's has been a bit inconsistent. But as the Giants are released in the same weekly episode slot, I think internally Captain Fantasy takes the 61 slot.

I've renumbered it "61" instead of "60b".

"Nerdcore is like playing Halo while getting a blow-job from Hello Kitty."
-- some guy interviewed in Nerdcore Rising